Halflife 2 Deathmatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by micah@Mar 31 2005, 05:56 PM
you wouldnt? try ut at max speed setting...

how is quake a twitch game and ut isnt? lol
[post=481112]Quoted post[/post]​

Excessive speeds the game up in itself. The CTF server I played on had the server's speed settings at 150%. That thing was beyond fast.

They way the guys @ my work played UT2004, it was a twitch game, trust me. Fastest game play I've ever seen. However, I'm sure its not the fastest game; I'm not a connoisseur of that kind of game, so I really wouldn't konw.

I sure am coming in late on this one.

HL2 Owns All.

However Halflife 2 death match isnt all that great. CS S on the other hand =) =) =) =) I'm just waiting for all the bugs to be worked out. till then I still stick with the reg CS.

I have my P228 on hand with a M4A1 on backup =)

Only thing I disliked about HL2 is the ending....

BTW IMO doom 3 doesnt take as much computer to run VS HL2 due to being very dark.
HL2 has a shit load of lighting/bright maps.

I got lower FPS @ the same resolution in Doom 3 vs. HL2, so no, doom3 does require more resources, even though it's dark, it still is poorly optimised. Also, what bugs are there in CS:S? I've been playing since it was released, and can say that it is as good or better than the original, even now in its early stages. Theres no reason to stick with the original CS unless you're just too cheap to buy HL2.

I played CS:S for a little while one day and had a blast, it is very addictive.

There's a few issues with bullet placement as with Gs for say you can get a head shooting a few inches to the right of the guy.

Maybe a good bit of the bugs are worked out now but back when it first came out there was issues.

BTW the slower FPS in Doom3 could be becuase of your card. Some games make use of videocards/processers better then others. For say people say that ATI is THEY card to use with Half Life 2 becuase it was built "so they say" around the ATI chip set.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Apr 5 2005, 09:24 PM
There's a few issues with bullet placement as with Gs for say you can get a head shooting a few inches to the right of the guy.

Maybe a good bit of the bugs are worked out now but back when it first came out there was issues.

BTW the slower FPS in Doom3 could be becuase of your card. Some games make use of videocards/processers better then others. For say people say that ATI is THEY card to use with Half Life 2 becuase it was built "so they say" around the ATI chip set.
[post=483423]Quoted post[/post]​

I watched my friend play HL2 on a Geforce and it was smooth as glass.

Back