harness problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zap45

i have 3 cd players that if you tested them to a 12v battery they would work fine. But if you wired them to my car thru a aftermarket civic harness they do come on at all.
I test the aftermarket harness with a test light only the red wire get power the ground and yellow connector of the harness does not. but when i coonect my stock civic radio directly to my stock harness it works fine. btw the i have two aftermarket harness that have the same problem. Any help?

what year civic and what model?

It seems you have the wrong harness. It obvious the factory harness it doing the job right if it powers up the factory radio.

go get the right harness and plug it in. If the supplier insists it the right harness either have them install it or ask for the instructions. Many times like the newer GM models you need to run a seperate constant + volt supply for a some harnesses.

keep us updated

dudes right i had a crx i used a teg harness on and had same prob then my 01 impala i had to do same thing

well i got the harness that plug 86 thru 95 civic plug right in to the factory harness.
it use to work perfect before i install a dvd player. maybe a broke a ground. how would i fix this problem

take the wire from the cd player and ground it directly to the chassis. thats if you didnt damage the pin inside the radio harness.

you really need to take a volt meter and test your yellow/red/black to see if its working right.

i took a test light and turnt the key only the red light up but yellow and black(ground) dont through the aftermarket harness

did you have the red grounded with the dround from the harness?

looks like you might have a fuse out. If not just run a constant wire from the fuse box to the radio and have it fused with a 10amp.

no. im not getting a power from the yellow wire through the harness or no power from the ground either. just from the red. what fuse do i check for under the dash under the hood

the fuses are marked on the removal panel. It going to be a 10am fuse.

just to be clear. When you touch the ground wire and the yellow wire with your meter AT THE SAME TIME you get nothing right?

And when you touched the ground wire and red AT THE SAME TIME with your meter you get nothing also?

BUT If you touch A ground source with your meter and the other to the red you get voltage. the yellow doesnt.

its your fuse.

however i find it strange your ground got yanked out somewhere. Thats the easiest one. just drive a self tapper into the chassis for a new ground wire.

ok found the prob blown fuse under the hood thanks for your help

Back