Have 1993 cx and d16y7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wiscronic

Hi,
I have read through hours of this forums postings I have learned alot but I really just need someone to confirm that what I am going to do specifically for me will work. I also would like to know the things I would need to do to make this happen.

I really can't believe that this is as easy as it sounds from reading the postings.

I have a 1993 civic cx, stock, with a blown d15b8, 5 sp manual
(the 1993 is in great shape)
I have a 2000 civic dx, stock, with a good d16y7, 5 sp manual
(the 2000 is totaled but engine still runs)

Heres what I think:
I will use the d16y7 ecu
I will have to buy or modifiy the obd from 1 to obd2
I think the mounts will be the same.
I am unsure as to which manifold I should use.

I would appreciate any feed back.

Don't use the y7 ecu use a P06 ecu, and the mounts are mostly the same except for the one between the timing belt. You will need to use the post mount from your 93 that bolts to the block.. And for the manifold the y7 should work as long as it looks like the one from the b8 motor..

Im not sure usually if the motor is a 1.5 then its a P05 and if its the 1.6 it should be a P06... but just take the ecu out and check it..

Sorry, I will do that.

I also believe that it is ok to leave all perhipials on the Y7 engine including fuel rail, alt, dizy, ...etc and go with it, what do you think?

I do believe you can drop the motor right in as long as you use the y7 engine harness.. If not just put the cx alternator, dizzy, and injectors on the y7 and use the cx engine harness..

Back