have B16a into 97 EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

actually, you arent gonna be able to use anything 99-00 unless you get an obd2a-obd2b jumper and use a 99-00 ecu.

YOU CANNOT USE A 99-00 HARNESS IN A 97. YOU SIMPLY CANT. YOU'D HAVE TO WIRE IN A THIRD ECU PLUG. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

on 99-00 civics, one of the ecu plugs is on the in-car harness, and the other 2 are on the engine harness.

on 96-98 civics, all three ecu plugs are on the engine harness.

YOU CANNOT USE A 99-00 HARNESS IN YOUR CAR. PERIOD.

also, a gsr ecu will work. it'd just be like using a single-stage manifold.

well, it won't fuck up because of the secondaries. i dunno about other codes an shit.

I was trying to follow along with all that info but mines a little different. I ordered a b16a2 from enhanced elements for 2500 it has everything except motor mounts and hift linkage and axles. they said that they get whatever is shipped to them of obd1 or obd2. I have a 96 civic cx and i have 3000 for the swap. If you can get some info on how much and which axles ,linkage and mounts would be that would be great and where. Im not really not sure if i could do it my self all the wiring is confusing but if anyone could tell me at what difficulty it is and how much it would be for a professional. thanks

get a b16a2 out of a 99-00 civic si. use your STOCK harness from the car, buy an obd2a-obd2b jumper harness from Boomslang Fabrication - Wire Harnesses for Fine Automobiles for $149.00 shipped. make sure you have the correct distributor (obd2) from the 99-00 si motor. now you can use the correct ecu (p2t) for that motor. run a few wires for vtec, pressure, crank fluctuation sensor etc. and your all set with no codes. you should have the crank sensor on the oil pump and it will need to be wired to ecu. 2 o2 sensors, blah blah. it will work fine with no codes and you can go thru inspection. Im having this problem also. I had the 99 si motor in my 97 cx hatch. it was running obd2a-obd1 conversion harness with a p72 ecu. bad idea. vtec comes in @ 4800 (toooo low), and your running maps for a 1.8L. car will smoke and it will not pass inspection for few reasons, one mainly due to that when they plug it to check for codes it will return "error" and wont be able to read the ecu. good luck.

Back