HDD CRASHED

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

I was noticing my computer acting weird. Sometimes when i boot up, it says it WIndows just recovered from a serious error. So i went ahead and scehuled a chkdsk on the next boot up.
I went to take a nap and my girlfriend decided to turn on the computer. the chkdsk popped up and she was in hurry to use the computer, so i told her to go ahead and turn it off by holding the power button.. major no no.. didnt know
then i got the stupid BSOD. It kept rebooting itself. So I did a chkdsk /repair with the windows disc. no help. so i did the expand i386. didnt help. did the safe mode thing first, but that didnt help. so i hooked up my extra drive as master and when it booted. i tired to go and check the other drive. I CANT GET IN~!!!! it says its corrupted and windows reports the disk as empty!!!! i have SOOO much shit on the hdd.. how do i recover it??? any cheap solutions?? Please help!!

Praise GOD!!! I got it fixed. Im a lucky son of bitch. Heres the steps I took.

Windows XP CD:
1) Fix Boot
2) Chkdsk
3) Chkdsk /repair
4) expand i386

Non of that of worked. Got corrupted drive. As stated above.

1) Hooked up my back up maxtor drive
2) Got windows to boot (from backup) and right click on the slave hdd
3) scheduled a chkdsk for both hdds
4) rebooted and ran chkdsked for both.
5) now the corrupted drive is fixed and i can browse in it. moved all my value animes to my back up and backed up on dvd-rom
6) rehooked up the corrupted drive as master and rebooted
7) chkdsk ran and fixed all the corrupted files

VIOLA FIXED!!! i guess i got lucky. if the BSOD happens to you guys. try these suggestions. im so lucky. hope you guys can get the same results.

BSOD doesn't happen to me. :)

I'm glad you got it fixed. Now back up all your data!

Back