Head Lamps Not Working Nor Fog Lights?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hello,
After I got this car I was told that everything worked they even showed me that all the lights and so on worked, But after all they really didn't work, I have checked all fuses all are good, was told the switch could be the prob but thats 365 installed and 165 just for the part, So, is there anyway anyone knows what else i should look for????

Thanks for the help,
Robert

Angry bear: Must give more than 27 minutes for response before losing hope.

Switch, or relay. Relay is simple and cheap, begin there.

IF you wish to troubleshoot the relay, go to a quiet area and stick your head near the relay. Listen carefully while your buddy turns the switch. Hear a click? No? Got voltage to the relay? Yeah ? Relay is bad. If their is no voltage to the relay, then it's the switch. If there is voltage and a click, it's neither the switch nor relay and then it's an unfortunate series of wiring issues.

Get a meter and start thinking, grasshopper. Think of how headlights work - think of where the foglights come into play, and the answers should unfold.

Quoted post[/post]]
Angry bear: Must give more than 27 minutes for response before losing hope.

Switch, or relay. Relay is simple and cheap, begin there.

IF you wish to troubleshoot the relay, go to a quiet area and stick your head near the relay. Listen carefully while your buddy turns the switch. Hear a click? No? Got voltage to the relay? Yeah ? Relay is bad. If their is no voltage to the relay, then it's the switch. If there is voltage and a click, it's neither the switch nor relay and then it's an unfortunate series of wiring issues.

Get a meter and start thinking, grasshopper. Think of how headlights work - think of where the foglights come into play, and the answers should unfold.
Thank you Will Do.

Also, I've been down this road with the Intrepids. These cars are quite possibly the biggest pieces of shit ever forged from hell's ass steel. Fiz the headlights, and ditch it quickly to the next sucker that comes along.

Because you've been had. I wouldn't say such a strong thing normally, but I've been down this road. This car will give you nothing but headaches, and won't even be good on gas, reliability, traction or comfort. The car is one of the first cars in the world that is truly "good for nothing". Dodge Intrepids are the automotive world's version of "The Ring" tapes - and you must pass it along to someone else.

Sorry, better luck next time.

Well I just got it, Runs good and has full tank of gas... Thanks Indy Honda!!!!!!!
I have checked the Relay, Fuse is good, Hmmmm..... Must be the switch BUT the parking lights come on..... If all else fails then I will toggle the d*mn lights to a toggle switch and mount it near the light switch...

or could it just be the low beams????? blown????? brights come on but won't stay on...... I do have a set of diff lights i can install on it..... if its the switch then i am out of money the Dodge dealer ship said it will cost for just the part 165.00 and for it to be installed it will cost 365.00

So junk yard here I come..... So what else can I do to make them work????????????
Indy Honda said if i Paid the 60.00 they would look at it... yeah right I am broke after getting this car.... gonna go see if they can just look at it for free...

Thanks again
offer anymore help if you can...
Robert.

Definately relay.

EDIT:

Whoa whoa whoa... you bought this from a dealer ?

Yes I got it from a Dealer, Indy Honda on US31 south and Stop 12

They never told me that the lights didn't work,,,, So its the relay??? How so? Fuse is still good.. if its the relay what should I do to fix it?????

Quoted post[/post]]

They never told me that the lights didn't work,,,, So its the relay??? How so? Fuse is still good.. if its the relay what should I do to fix it?????

HOOOOLY Fuck shit piss goddam motherfucker whore shitsuckers piece of dog dirt lowlife scum bag assholes with dirty feet !! Tell those fucking pigfuckers next you see them that Cel remember's their ass, and never forgives ANYTHING.

And you take that Chryco piece of shit right back and drive it through their turd-stinking human waste cesspool wretch sharktank showroom and demand your motherfucking money back.

NO DEALER IN THE UNITED STATES can sell you a vehicle that lacks working safety gear. NONE. They will tell you all sorts of shit but you stick your hand down the back of your pants and put your stink-pinky in their glass eyes and you say "STEVEN EARL WITH THE MINT CRX IN 2000 WHO YOU WOULDN'T HELP TIGHTEN A GODDAM HEADBOLT TOLD ME TO TELL YOU TO FUCKING DIE".

I will send you my snapped headbolt in an envelope if you hit them in the face, bend them over, and deliver it right up their hamster hole. Those ridiculous shit bags never thought they would hear from me again, did they well well .. HAHAHAAHAH payback's a bitch, piss-hole and you're going to swallow a fucking full size american car you donkey rapists !

Love,
Steve.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

HOOOOLY Fuck shit piss goddam motherfucker whore shitsuckers piece of dog dirt lowlife scum bag assholes with dirty feet !! Tell those fucking pigfuckers next you see them that Cel remember's their ass, and never forgives ANYTHING.

And you take that Chryco piece of shit right back and drive it through their turd-stinking human waste cesspool wretch sharktank showroom and demand your motherfucking money back.

NO DEALER IN THE UNITED STATES can sell you a vehicle that lacks working safety gear. NONE. They will tell you all sorts of shit but you stick your hand down the back of your pants and put your stink-pinky in their glass eyes and you say "STEVEN EARL WITH THE MINT CRX IN 2000 WHO YOU WOULDN'T HELP TIGHTEN A GODDAM HEADBOLT TOLD ME TO TELL YOU TO FUCKING DIE".

I will send you my snapped headbolt in an envelope if you hit them in the face, bend them over, and deliver it right up their hamster hole. Those ridiculous shit bags never thought they would hear from me again, did they well well .. HAHAHAAHAH payback's a bitch, piss-hole and you're going to swallow a fucking full size american car you donkey rapists !

Love,
Steve.
LOL...LOL...ROFLMFAO..... Soo, wanna meet me up there????????????? I won't be back till sunday sometime, well I used my car as a trade they traded me strait out for the dodge i only paid $100.00 for the title bull shit plus tax, So should I go back and demand them fix it for free or I will have to report them for non working safty equipment??? See today I did go back and explain to the sales person that sold it to me about that stuff and his manager said I already came up there about it and I did but the manager told me to come back and talk to the sales person the next day so i did, non the less he made every attempt to avoid me after I asked him about it claiming he was tooo busy and so on........ I told them this, IF I HAD THE FUCKING MONEY I WOULD GET IT FIXED ASAP BUT SEEING HOW I DIDN'T KNOW THE LIGHTS DIDN'T WORK I WANT THEM FIXED, he said, YOU NEED TO GO TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND ASK SOMEONE THERE, I CAN'T HELP YOU ON THIS, sorry caps, I kept telling myself that if he said one more smartass thing i was going to kick his ass and just let him suffer like i have too just driving during the day without any lights.. no night time driving here, well thanks dude, if ya know of something i could do to fix it let me know.

Thanks,
Robert

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Love,
Steve.

Post of the month of December right there. :)

But yeah man, if your headlights don't work, tell that dealer to take his piece of shit Intrepid back, or they will have a fire under their ass.

Quoted post[/post]]
even a dealer car should be inspected before buying it...
I did inspect it and all the lights looked fine out in the day time<----Looked like they were on to me, But they took the car to get cleaned up and what not and i should have gone with them.... Sooo... Should I just Toggle the damn thing? I don't want to take it back... They won't let me anyways.

EDIT: Ok one of my car buddys said its just the relay... Ok well where the hell is the damn relay?? He said its like bundled under the hood someplace.... Well any ideas??

It's in a box under the hood.... Listen. Call Better Business Bureau on their ass and they will have that car fixed in 10 minutes.

Seriously.

Also, as far as me meeting up with you - I live in Connecticut. And no goddam Intrepid is gonna have me travel through Ohio for any reason whatsoever.

Quoted post[/post]]
Also, I've been down this road with the Intrepids. These cars are quite possibly the biggest pieces of shit ever forged from hell's ass steel. Fiz the headlights, and ditch it quickly to the next sucker that comes along.

Because you've been had. I wouldn't say such a strong thing normally, but I've been down this road. This car will give you nothing but headaches, and won't even be good on gas, reliability, traction or comfort. The car is one of the first cars in the world that is truly "good for nothing". Dodge Intrepids are the automotive world's version of "The Ring" tapes - and you must pass it along to someone else.

Quoted post[/post]]
It's in a box under the hood.... Listen. Call Better Business Bureau on their ass and they will have that car fixed in 10 minutes.

Seriously.

Also, as far as me meeting up with you - I live in Connecticut. And no goddam Intrepid is gonna have me travel through Ohio for any reason whatsoever.

I have done one tranny and then the car was sold
they are crap!

the relays are under dash on the drivers side little black guys. Pull the pannel and it will indicate which one you need to check, just swap it with a known good one.
Illl go pull the manual tommorow and post the wireing diagrams for your car if you post the motor size/tranny, 2 or 4 door.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]

Seriously.

I have done one tranny and then the car was sold
they are crap!

the relays are under dash on the drivers side little black guys. Pull the pannel and it will indicate which one you need to check, just swap it with a known good one.
Illl go pull the manual tommorow and post the wireing diagrams for your car if you post the motor size/tranny, 2 or 4 door.

Its a 4 door, auto tranny, 3.3 something liter or what not, I just know that i will also replace the bubls too..

Thanks for your help.

Back