Head Studs (ARP, GE, AEBS)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Sup guys, I was going to order my ARP headstuds (GSR) a few days ago & just as I went to order, they sold out & are out of stock. Next batch won't be available for a few weeks & I really need to order my head studs & rod bolts asap to meet my dead line. This place has the lowest price i've seem yet but before I suck it up & pay extra elsewhere, does anyone have any experience with GE or aebs head studs? I'll probably stick with arp bolts but as far as the head studs are concerned, any difference between them. Quality,...? I usually find others cheaper.

order em from lightspeed. they have decent prices. or browse honda-tech in the classifieds, im sure someone has em. if not check out lightspeed :)

I think he's selling mains, not head studs but thx anyway.

I'm not sure about lightspeed, but I was going to order them from lightningmotorsports but the head studs are out of stock. I think I found somewhere else thats not too bad.

go with GE head studs. I know some guys out here that have them and have had no problems with them

hey ripper, what type or setups do they have & how long have they been running their engines after builds? I have some people on HT saying just go with ARP because of the research, development, time, money spent into quality of products & they are proven quality. I just don't want to cheap out ya know but if GE is on par with ARP i wouldn't hesitate.

i know of my friend Matt that has GE head studs has a lsvtec motor built for boost. he was the one that told me that GE made the headstuds, he told me they are just as good as the arp. just little cheaper. I linked him to this and I am sure he will get on and answer better than I can

Howdy howdy howdy. Matt would be me. I am running Golden Eagle headstuds on my LS/VTEC setup, pushing 330 hp on low boost (13 psi), with about 10 psi to go.

ANYWHOOOOO... the only thing I'm aware of that the GE's had over ARP was that they had the hex cutout on the head of the studs to allow you to torque them to the block, ARP's however do that now as well. So really, I can't say there's any pros/cons of either.

Last edited:
arp has a hex socket on top but you arent supposed to torque them into the block anyway...

Im willing to bet taht ARP, AEBS and GE headstuds are all the same... they look the same.

Ive only used ARP, so I would get ARP.

GSRCRXsi said:
arp has a hex socket on top but you arent supposed to torque them into the block anyway...
Exactly, you don't want the stud to bottom out in the block. If you must stretch head studs, i wouldn't do it with that either, use the nut to stretch them.

how the hell can you measure stretch on a stud anyway? lmao. you dont stretch them you torque them either way. sure they stretch as a result but its not like you can measure it....

Back