Header and exhaust sizing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wookie_In_a_B16

I currently have a 2.25' exhaust piping from the stock header back. I was looking at the ITR header as a replacement, but the collector is 2.5'. Would this cause a problem at all or would I have to modify it somehow?

Remember that header is made for a motor with 11:1 compression so if you are less than that I wouldn't put it on you might lose a pony or two. I have seen this happen before on the dyno so just thought i would share that with you

Just about every single B series engine will benefit from a 2.5" collector on the header in place of a 2.25".

Not true with had a stock gsr with 10:1 compresssion with a jdm itr header and 2 1/4 exhaust and it dynoed 160whp then with a dc sports header dynoed 162whp. But if you are saying any header is better than stock then yes I agree with that. Just trying to understand you sir

lol sir

what he said was that almost all bseries engine will benefit from a 2.5" collector. i dont think he mentioned the header itself, just the collector part.

lol sir

Back