help auto tranny issues 95 gsx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3t4delsol

Ok so today I was coming home from my girlfriends house, and when I got on the highway I pushed the overdrive button in. now about 4 miles into the drive my 95 eclipse gsx which is auto started bucking, then all of the sudden the rpm gauge hits 5k and I lost my overdrive. So I slow down till the rpms are around 3.5k not wanting to kill my motor because I still had around a half an hours, 45mins drive left. I decided to get off the at the next exit to avoid any more issue with keeping the motor revving that high. when I got off the exit I came to the stop sign and tried to pull out. now first gear is gone too. I managed to limp the car home using a lot of backroads and doing 5mph stops at stop signs. the one that I had to stop at took me almost 15 sec to get the car moving again. So I get home and I try to back into my spot, I put it in reverse and there nothing just my motor revving. The car has 162k on it and I'm guessing so does the tranny.

Now here's the problem. I was going to sell this car this week to a kid for $2500. I dont know what to do now. I was thinking about trying the Lucas tranny stuff to see if I can get it working again. My neighbor suggested that if that doesn't work. I should take really fine saw dust and put a small amount in the tranny to see if I can re harden the metal bands to get it working again. I really dont want to sell the car for less then 2500 and I dont want to put anymore money into it.

suggestions anyone

You, my friend, need a new transmission.

Do NOT put any particles into your transmission, it will NOT harden anything it will only damage the moving parts more than they already are. Putting Lucas transmission fluid in will not help you at all.

alright guys I think the torque converter is fried, thanks for the help

Back