Help me identify these plugs / sensors? with PIC's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IOU1

Help me identify these plugs/sensors this engine is a B16A JDM 92-95

1st top of intake white plug
DSC00364.jpg

2nd side of intake
DSC00366.jpg

3rd engine block side facing firewall right under head/intake
DSC00367.jpg

4th right on end of intake
DSC00365.jpg

1: IAT sensor (Intake Air Temp)

2: IACV (Idle Air Control Valve)

3: Knock sensor

4: TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)

someone correct me if i'm wrong

Thanks what about the MAP sensor dose the B16A 92-95 have one and if so where? Do I need a EVAP purge control solenold valve on this engine?

the map sensor should be on the cars firewall....then it runs vaccuum lines to the manifold and the throttle body....as for the evap vavle....i cant remember if u need it or not......i dont think so.....hope this helps

wrong.. the map sensor will be on top of the throttle body.. its on the firewall on obd0 cars, EFs.. anything newer will be on the TB..

Ok here is another pic I can not find the map sensor do JDM engine come with one?

DSC00368.jpg

yes they do but they are mounted on the firewall. i ran into the same problem. but you can just use the map sensor that is on your car. just run the grey hose that is on top or your throttle body to the bottom of your cars map sensor. then mount it to the fire wall some how. make a braket if you can.

93civicsir said:
yes they do but they are mounted on the firewall. i ran into the same problem. but you can just use the map sensor that is on your car. just run the grey hose that is on top or your throttle body to the bottom of your cars map sensor. then mount it to the fire wall some how. make a braket if you can.

I concur...ran into the same problem myself. I had to cap off the charcoal canister though as the new engine did not come with the evap purge solinoid. But I guess that doesnt matter since we dont have smog checks here. And yes the MAP is on the firewall...or should be anyways, it will not be on the TB.

well.. in my 94 hatch its on the TB.. i also have the 92-95 JDM b16, but with a delsol vtec TB for BAR..

Ok I have some more questions here are the pic's?:confused:

This is the only sensor that is on the fire wall what is this its on top of the can?
DSC00373.jpg

This is a sensor off of my old engine 1999 D16Y7 what is this?
DSC00370.jpg

Another pic of the same sensor just different view?
DSC00371.jpg

Oh as you can see I have put the engine in call but still have a lot of work to do.
DSC00372.jpg

Back