HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!&

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicsi1415

Hows it going guys? Ok, I have a 99 civic si and im doing the el front conversion. Im not getting the bumper with it though because I want to go with something aftermarket. Right now I am considering the octane or the R33 front bumpers that VIS makes, I think these two will look the best with the front end. So the first thing is what are your opinions on those two front bumpers (good, bad, ugly, ect.).

Second question is I know I will have to have the bumper customized to fit with the grill and lights (Unless anyone knows where i can buy after market bumpers for the 1.6 el or domani). So what material should I get the bumper in (i.e. fiberglass, urithane, ect.)based on which will be easier to customize. I was told that VIS used a reinforced fiberglass, anybody know anything about this. I want it to be strong and be able to withstand minor hits and stuff you come across with a lowered vehicle, so I was leaning towards urethane, but was told that its not customizable?????

I alredy know that Im getting the black widow sides, but I havent been able to decide on a rear bumper, so I was wondering what you think would look the best with the R33 or Octane front and black widow sides. And which material should the rear bumper be made of?

I want all the pieces to compliment eachother and have a real balanced look for the car. Any help you guys could give me would be great.

Go with urethane for a rear bumper. I would suggest something simple, that flows best, off top of head, I don't know any good rear bumpers.

well my opinon is dont touch the bumper 99-2000 civic si's look sweet from the factory. Dont destroy a perfectly beautiful car. Just throw some grillcraft in that sucker or somethin. Dont go with vis tho ive seen and heard nothing but bad thinkgs about there kits

If your going to customize shit, fiberglass is way eaiser to work with and its easier to repair if you screw up. Second, go with the R34(octane) front, it looks good on that year Civic, but be warned, if your car is lowered, your front bumper won't have very much ground clearance so take things slow. Lastly go with a subtle rear, like the Buddyclub, after all, it is only a rear bumper, not what everyone will see at first glance. For all of your purchasing needs, may I suggest ExtremeDimensions.com, they have decent prices, good stock and great selection.

Damn, I should work in retail.

Back