HELP ME!! Strange question in flywheel bering

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jasontyrone

i just installed a new clutch and flywheel when putting trans back in i thought i had it in right as i was tightening the bolts it stopped going in with 1\4 inch left to go. as i sat there thinking whats going on a loud thunk sound happened and it went in all the way im thinking i got it to slip pass the clutch plate but didnt get into the flywheel bering now the question is this bering sandwiched between the motor and flywheel so the thunk sound was it slipping into the bering or is there a space between said parts and the thunk sound was the bering getting pressed out of the flywheel by way of trans

I'm a little confused by your description but I think you're talking about the new bearing on the flywheel? You just need to take it all apart (lol it sucks) and make sure the bearing is good to go, re-torque the flywheel and line the clutch up well before tightening the pressure plate. When its time to put the trans back on, just play with it and have someone help. It has frustrated the crap out of me before. I have usually done it with inferior jacks/help/etc. A few fences have been punched lol. Just work it and work it. Then you'll hear that *thunk* I try to cross bolt it back up (like an X pattern)

Good Luck

There's not a space between the crank and the flywheel. The bearing is seated against the crank. It would NOT have fallen out the other side of the flywheel.

The 'thunk' was more than likely everything seating. I wouldn't worry about it.

ok thanks thats what i needed to know if the bearing is sandwitched between the flywheel and crank then the thunk was it going into place pheeww... man i love this site to everyone your all the best!

Back