help on instaling gauge for honda accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

penguine_69

i just bought a set of glow gauge for my 95 honda accord. I'm having problems with instaling the gauge, since those basters didn't send me any instament information along with the gauge. I'm changing the gauge, not cluster. So if you have any information that will help me out, that will be great. :D

I installed some on my civic not to long ago. Im not fimiliar about how to take apart the dash of an accord, but essentially you just want to get the gauge cluster out. And i do mean ALL THE WAY OUT, then its as simple as removing any screws from the gauge faces if there are any and poping the new gauge faces on over top of your factory ones. Then you just put any screws you took out of the faces back, and stick your gauge cluster back in your dash.

I hope that was at least somewhat helpful. :unsure:

--Aidan

i bought some off of ebay for my 96 accord. i recomend not doin that. all screw hole didnt meet up. on rpm gauge i ended up super glueing it down and drilling thru the fatory gauge to get it to sit down far enough so the needle wouldnt stick. as for putting them in it was a pain in the ass and very time consuming if you dont know where all the screws are. i ended up having to take the center console trim peice, cd player, steering column cover, the trim peice around the gauge bezzle and the actual gauge bezel out.

Originally posted by typeRwannabe@Oct 20 2003, 08:54 PM
i bought some off of ebay for my 96 accord. i recomend not doin that. all screw hole didnt meet up. on rpm gauge i ended up super glueing it down and drilling thru the fatory gauge to get it to sit down far enough so the needle wouldnt stick. as for putting them in it was a pain in the ass and very time consuming if you dont know where all the screws are. i ended up having to take the center console trim peice, cd player, steering column cover, the trim peice around the gauge bezzle and the actual gauge bezel out.

you have to remove all of that. i bought probably the same gauges off ebay. the screw holes weren't perfect, but manageable to use.
look in your haynes manual. it says to remove the center console, radio bezel, temp controls, and the rest of the dash. you have to to get to certain screws.

Back