help please dpfi to mpfi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kit88

HI, I finish my dpfi to mpfi swap on my 88 hatch std, and my car strat with no problem, then I go to rewiew all the connections looking for loose wires I found everthing ok, but when I try to start my car again ¡¡¡ WON´T START!!!!

I doble check evertingh and looks ok, The injectors are working and I got spark, but the car won´t start.

I have 2 weeks trying to fix this with I cant.

Please help, I check all the fuses and are OK.

help

ok did you wire the injectors correctly?
check the timing?
firing order?
then get a can of ether and spray it in the tb as a friend cranks the car, it the car fires or sputters, it is a fuel issue if nothing happens chances are it is a timing issue,

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 22 2005, 01:42 AM
ok did you wire the injectors correctly?
check the timing?
firing order?
then get a can of ether and spray it in the tb as a friend cranks the car, it the car fires or sputters, it is a fuel issue if nothing happens chances are it is a timing issue,
[post=449508]Quoted post[/post]​

How can I check the timming, I´m new on this.

Did you connect both yellow/black wires from the old injectors to the resistor box? Try a different ecu, to see if yours is shot. Check for spark by pulling one plug out at a time while cranking the engine have a buddy check to see if there is spark coming from each plug. Don't hold the plug when you do this. Check your timing and plug order. If you don't know the plug order I can try to find a picture with the proper plug order. Did you solder your connections. Verify each connection to make sure none came loose. Check your fuses too.

Do what jeef says and solder your connection if you didn't, even if you get your car running you would not want wiring problems in the future and having to try and figure out which wire gives you the problem.

well i just did dpfi-mpfi and well i haven't got my car back from the shop yet, but i should within a few hours. but are you using an si ecu?

yeah i got my car back, but the only problem is that it would not run, but i got that problem fixed , but now it sounds like a modified nissan 240, what could be the problem?

Do you have a better description of the problem?

well it is miss firing, and i can't figure out what it is, i checked all the wiring and timing, so everything is in order, but when i start the car, the engine has a knocking sound and rocks back and forth. and when i took it for a drive it is lacking power.

that sounds like a possible bad ground dragon, check the ground at the tranny and the one from the head to the frame (near power steering pump if equipped)

Check your distributor timing.

well i checked everything, and the grounds are good, and the timing is good. it runs better, but it just runs sluggish now. And when i lightly hit the gas it sounds good, but when i give it more gas, it back fires and is lacking power. it sounds like something is clogged.

that sounds like a timing issue, but then again thats just me.

I had a problem similar to this and it was the two wires i added from the ecu to the dizzy, they weren't shielded wires which caused them to not produce enough signal to and from the dizzy, and it kept throwing the CAS code, or #4. It would start easily sometimes, then other times i would run the battery dead tryin to get it cranked, there probably a good chance this is your problem, what kinda wire are you using and if it is the proper wire its worth getting some new wire to try it anyway.

Back