Help!plz! 93civic ex 98 gsr swap Help!plz!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bmcracing

my car = 93 civic ex coupe
my engine = 98 1.8l integra gsr
my engine harness = obd2
my ecu = obd1 p28 and obd1 p72
my distributer = obd2

**discription**
well i put my engine in my car.... wired all knock sensors and everything else like that from the instrutions on www.hondaswap.com (all except the iab wich we have yet to plug into the actuall sensor we have run the wire to my ecu).... plugd up engine harnes.... and what the heck it wont start up.... the starter motor turns over the engine everything else seems to check out fine but the distributer dont spark.... we testd the distrib. on a friends car and it workd perfectly but it wont work on my car plus my engine harness looks a lil wierd where the harness plugs in on the passenger side of the engine bay there are 4 plugs on the engine harness but my car only has 3 plus that go to the ecu.... what the heck.... we have lookd in books and we think those are the engine crank blabla bla something hehe but we dont know how to wire those.... so lil help ther plz well i dont know what else to say maybe someone here could plz help me out help plz this is our first swap ever

my problem = distributer not working (wont spark)(yes the coil is good....)

plz help as soon as posible this is an emergancy on our part.... we dont have the money to get someone to check it out and hasport doesnt sell engine harness for ex 93.... help

ps this is a usdm engine not jdm if that means nething

I think that fact that you are running an OBD 2 in an OBD 1 car has a big part of it! Also you said that the harness has 4 plugs but the car has 3, do you have all the wires connected? and make sure to use the right ECU unless you have the P28 chipped to work right.

Darin

Yea, you need to use a OBD 2 - OBD 1 conversion harness for this to work right. I don't even know how you managed to plug in an OBD1 ECU into the harness. That just doesn't make sense.

Also, you can just get an OBD2 ECU.

You can get the conversion harness from hasport

Hasport

scrap the obd 2 harness, de-pin the distributor and re pin it for obd 1, get your old obd 1 harness off your old motor and plug it into the b18c, and then plug in your p28

i think u have to use a obd2 ecu for it to work.
or maybe you starter is too weak. my cousin had the same problem and it was his starter

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Aug 8 2003, 04:34 PM
scrap the obd 2 harness, de-pin the distributor and re pin it for obd 1, get your old obd 1 harness off your old motor and plug it into the b18c, and then plug in your p28

:withstupid:

You also need an OBDI dizzy for it to work. OBDI dizzy have two plugs, OBDII dizzy has one large plug.

Just as said earlier, use your old EX wire harness and take off the OBDII wire harness and forget about it.

Reconnect your OBDI wire harness to the motor and make it look like the way it did before the swap. Then just plug in your new ecu. Thats it!!!

Now you need to rewire the vtec and knock sensor to the right spot.

Oh yea! You would have one extra plug on the motor that you would not use, the one coming out of the crank pulley area.

This should be about it? Correct me if I miss something........ :D

Back