Help--sluggishness with my 97 civic ex and odd gap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bhut2180

I am looking for some help in diagnosing the problem with my car.
It is sluggish throughout the powerband unless I push it some, otherwise there is extensive powerloss when starting the car and pushing forward in first gear.
It doesnt happen all the time and I havent noticed anything out of the ordinary when it happens.
I have some mods on the car, cold air intake, perf exhaust, dc sports header, 10.3 wires (about 2 months old). Recently I have had an issue with the spark plugs. I have tried to change them twice and the replacements with a 0.44 gap cause the engine to be completely sluggish and have no power constantly. I measured the gap on the plugs that were in the car when I bought it and they were 0.50 to 0.52, so I got some NGK V-powers and regapped them to the 0.50-0.52 gap. I have no explanation for why my car would not run on what should be the stock gap, but it wont, any help here would be great. I also wonder if the replacements are causing this problem.

Things that need to be fixed on the car--I will be replacing the clutch soon as the throw out bearing is going bad, and the bypass is broken on the cai. I dont think either of these are the problem. I just replaced the cap and the rotor has no noticeable wear on it, if you have any thoughts please respond, thanks

Back