help vtec sputtering

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TWISTEDIMAGE

was running my hatch now has b18c, vtec started sputtering as soon as it ingaged, at 5.5k and would sputter till about 7k then be ok. this happens in every gear no cel lights oil is full same computer i was running on my b16,
wtf help please cant think of why this is happening.

93 hb cx with p28 chiped by matt

The swap is done, this is now a general tech, or electronic issue.

Check you oil level, then the solenoid screen, then check the solenoid, by taking the solenoid apart and pushing on it with your finger to insure it moves smoothly. Then move on to oil pressure. If all else fails check all wiring.

Another thing that would help is if we knew what B18C you have the GSR, or ITR motor. Thoug I wouldn't doubt that a P28 chipped to run a B16A is going to have an issue on a 1.8.

thanks man b18c itr motor same vtec sol and swithch that was on the b16 swapped it during the swap and oil is fine, also checked wiring it ingages but lags pretty bad i think it is my chip i am having matt burn me another chip.

I would say then that yes, your chip needs to be optimized for a ITR, it's a more presice motor than a B16A.

the guy that is chipping it is a pimp (matt) and he knows what he is doing. i think it is my launch rev thats hindering me. its killing me at idle runs like poo. but when i am rolling and idleing its smooth.

found problem. previous owner of the motor had installed bosch plugs. and they were loose to boot , i should have checked them when i trew it in oh well vtec is good now.

Back