1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with b18c into 93 da

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 93tigger, Sep 3, 2010.

1. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

Sup everyone, im having some problems with wiring on my car, I purchased a b18c obd1 motor and im looking at the plugs and wiring for the motor and they dont seem to make any since. There are to many plugs on the motor for the wiring in my car. I thought if it was the same obd it was plug and play. Did I get the wrong obd motor, cuz the wiring looks to be newer and far to many plugs and wires to hook up to my car. Do I need a new wiring harness? I will post pictures up once I get my 15 posts. Im not new to cars, just hondas. I also need some help with the motor mounts, do I take the entire braket off the b18a1 block and buy mounts for the 93? or do I keep the solid mount that came with the motor and buy new motor mount for the new motor, it has 2 long bolts pointing up. And yes I have started the swap, I have a daily driver so no need for me to rush, I just want to get this right. As I said I will be posting pictures up soon, and would be grateful if I could get some help with this as I am a big fan of these incredible machines.

2. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

I just realized that the jdm harness is backwards, duh its rhd. Would it be be easier to buy a us LS harness for the same year and go with that?

3. josh_crewdson@y

josh_crewdson@y New Member

you need to run wires to the ecu for vtec solenoid, pressure sensor, and iab's.

4. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

Ok, but what WIRING HARNESS do I need to use? the one that its got on there now, which is the jdm. or the 93 LS wiring harness, or get a new harness from something else? anyone?

5. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

Someone? anyone?

6. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

the easiest thing to do would be to get a usdm 92-93 harness

7. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

Ok, cool. The plugs look diff for the injectors, they are both two wire plugs, just the ls harness have metal clips that hold the conn on and the b18c injectors are just clip on, will this make a difference?

8. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

if you are using obd1 or obd2 injectors then you'll need to splice in the appropriate style clip

9. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

I bought an obd1 motor 93-95. but I dont know how to double check. the head says 95. but i thought they built them for the next year. how do you tell?

10. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted