help with bogging/stalling

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well if you think about it, if it is the fast idle thermo valve, the motor is getting more air than normal which will cause it to run a little lean (a little leaner = more power, but too lean = kaboom). when the mechanic adds the starter fluid (the fuel) it brings the a/f ratio back to normal. I'm not saying that your mechanic doesn't know what he's talking about, but if the fuel pump doesn't work, try the fast idle thermo valve. If that's what it is and you need to replace it, it should be under the throttle body and has 2 coolant hoses connected to it..

cars a hybrid, no fast idle thermo valve, i believe the throttle body is off a 94 integra ls and the intake manifold is off a 92 dx

*update* fuel pumps ok, i noticed i had a slight leak on my intake mani so i pout on a new gasket and same problem and its getting worse day by day. only things i havent really checked are tps, timing belt which im sure is ok, and the head. any other ideas because im so ready to drop a match in the gas tank

check the tps and timing.

fuel injectors?

lol, if you think you can run away fast enough then drop the match.
but i would just run a wire and put it near a ground and make it spark from a safe distance. you shouldnt loose an arm that way. lol.

you should take a video or at least an audio of it so we can see/hear what its doing. would make it a lil easier maybe

im gonna doubloe check the timing tomorrow and the tps as well. its .45 and 4.5? also like i said it will start right up and idle/run perfect but once it gets up to temp it starts to act up. then once i shut it off and let it sit for a few minutes when i go to drive it again its totally fucked. and to add on, i havent checked the dizzy yet, i know the cap and rotor is ok since its only got maybe 5-6k on them but im fearing the dizzy itself is crapping out. im gonna pick up a lil 20 dollar one from the boneyard tom morning and see what happens.

well idono if this will work, but its just an idea... cuz i kno when i use to run with that cheap ass gas my car would run like crap also... so are you still runing on that gas? if u are, empty it and run it on better gas, and maby it might help make it run better... just an idea

well damn son, im really thinking it is the dizzy. sounds like the coil is heating up and failing under hot conditions.
but you said that you had a mechanic look it over.
if the dizzy isnt working like it should then that can affect whether or not the fuel injectors spray.
im putting my money on the dizzy.

well i didnt get to make any progress today other than checking the tps, i went to the boneyard to find a dizzy but found no luck. but the car has ran fine all day. im not gonna put 200 bucks in a new dizzy when im gonna be finally swapping to obd1 here in about 2 weeks when i get my p28. im tired of obd0 lol and turboedit sucks for tuning so crome is the way to go.

ITS DONE! finally my worst thoughts were relized, i finally got the code for the crank angle sensor so the dizzy is toast. now my baby is gonna sit for a week or two while i convert to obd1, get my p28 and slap on my z6 head. thnaks for all the input and help to all

same old story just a different day. cars obd1 now using a p28 and it still does the exact same shit, i picked up a used dizzy as is for 20 bucks and the car gives me a code 9 for posistion sensor so im gonna try a new dizzy here soon but it has the exact same symptoms as before, runs damn good when cold and once it heats up and sits for awhile when i restart it is when it gets real pissed

dang, that sux.
it's never fun when it's the last thing you try.
i would think it would have to be a sensor or vaccum, but that's just me.

i thought that's what he said. but now that i look at it again, it is a worded a little confusing.

Back