Help with CRX tranny and cv shaft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NBP

Hi everyone,
I am from germany and new to that forum. I have a 1990 crx with the 1.6L DOHC non V-Tec engine. I'd like to put a nitrous system on there that gives me about 100hp extra. I think the engine should stand that but the tranny and cv shaft are giving me worries. Are there any aftermaket parts you could recommend?

I would also have an B16A2 engine spare complete with all parts (gearbox etc)but I think it will be too much trouble to put it in the crx...?

Thanks!!

unless you are going to really build the bottom end of the DOHC ZC, D16A8, D16A9, D16Z5 engine, it won't last very long with 100 shot of nitrous - a 65 shot is about as far as you can go on a stock engine and keep it together - even with 65, you would need to make sure you had enough fuel with bigger injectors and fuel pump - i don't think you would have a problem with the stock transmission and axles - a lot of boosted D-series engines make a lot more power than what you would have and work fine with stock transmission and axles

The fuel pump will not be such a big deal, the injectors can remain the same as it would anyhow be a wet system. I don't like dry kits too much. I am thinking about a Nitrous Express Stage One EFI.

But generally you think that the stock transmission shouldn't break that soon once the engine gives about 100hp more than stock? I know that even stock crx have troubles there but I can't remember that one really did break.

Thanks!

Back