Help With Honda Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybridhatchls

I recently swapped at b18b1 into my 93 honda civic hb si and was told I could use the wiring harness I had and the ECU. The car starts and everything but runs like shit cuts out wont go above 4 rpm most of the time and when driven it sometimes just quits running all together. any help with me appreciated thanks

also of course vtec isnt plugged in and im a tec at a shop and have all the comps to do all the diagnosis with but I knew this was probably not going to work but just to save some money I tried it.. Is there anyway to by pass the vtec or anything b/c I think it is in limp mode and is retarding the timing because vtec is not installed ty

well your motor doesnt have vtec so why would you hook it up? ecu isnt right for the motor either and you probably have some sensors hooked up wrong.

why don't you just get a OBD1 Integra LS ECU, i think the ecu code is P74. it will plug right up and it should work fine.
does that motor have a knock sensor? you may need to wire that up to the ECU directly.
OR
you can get your stock ECU re-programmed...problem solved.
either option will work. :D

the problem with the motor not revving past 4K might occur if the wrong ECU is used. especially if you have a non-vtec motor with a vtec ecu or vice versa.

I know that the motor doesnt have vtec so yes it is unplugged which would probably put the motor into a sleep mode I would imagine. But my only question is was there someone around it so I could use my harness and ECU which is answered thanks guy :)

No the P28 will run that engine just fine. You get a code for no VTEC, but it works just fine. You have something hooked up wrong. Make sure you didn't swap the TPS and IACV plugs, they look the same. There is no limp mode on OBD1 ECU's.

Back