1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with new msd distributor

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by slowimport, Dec 30, 2005.

1. slowimport

slowimport Junior Member

I recently bought a new MSD distributor for my 2000 civic si. After installation my car want start there is no fire coming out of the cap terminals.there is juice going into the cap but not coming out.I called MSD tech done what i was told nothing they said helped.then they told me they didn't know what the problem was,so now i turn to u for any idea's and help.

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

leave it stock.. Honda has one of the best stock ignitions... unless your putting down some serious power, but i doubt that or you wouldnt be asking this..

sorry but i cant help you.. just go sell that distributor and put the stock one back on

3. slowimport

slowimport Junior Member

i can't put on the factory one because it does not work. all the wires inside melted.when something breaks i like to upgrade.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

thats a good motto.. hell the factory parts are just as much if not more than aftermarket parts

5. slowimport

slowimport Junior Member

new problem i put on a new factory dist. and its doing the same thing as the msd. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry2:

6. slowimport

slowimport Junior Member

we found a blown ignition fuse but still no fire.any ideas would be helpful. [​IMG]

7. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

are you converting an internal coil to an external coil? Or Vis Versa?

Is the dizzy coil plugged in? Is the coil connected to the cap?

They all sound like silly questions, but its the little stuff that always gets you.l

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted