help with swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88crx type r

hey guys l have a 88 crx and i'm dropping a b18c5 OBD2. My crx is OBD0. I was told to go with OBD2 to OBD1 to get the most rpm out of the motor and it would be less problems the OBD0. Also do i use the wiring harness from my 88 crx si or from the 99 b18c5 motor?. I have yonaka motor mounts and the front clip of a 94 integra. will te axles work and shift linkage? If anyoe has any info it would be great

Depending on what model crx you have will determine if the cv axles will fit. If you have an HF, then you will need to convert the hub to a SI or DX model so that the spindles will fit. The shift linkage I'm not too sure on. You're going to use the wiring harness for the Type R motor since you're going to convert it from obd2 to obd1.

You will NOT use the type r harness. You will use your crx harness, wire in the vtec and knock sensor like you would any other b series vtec swap, then you will use a obd-0 to obd-2 conversion harness for the ecu. The linkage will not work and the axles you use depends on what intermidiate shaft you decide to use.

This is what "I" would do to make the swap easier. Sell the hydro tranny and buy a cable b16 tranny. they have cable b16 lsd trannies as well so don't get to worried about giving up the lsd. Use the intermidiate shaft from a 90-93 integra along with the 90-93 integra non-abs axles. Buy and use the mount kit and shift linkage from hasport.

Now as far as the obd issue goes, you have several choices. But weather you decide to go obd2 or stay obd0, you will use the CRX engine harness in either case.

Back