I have a choice to make with this lawsuit and it needs to be done asap. Just trying to decide my best method of approach, gimme your .02 A. File a DJA(disctrict Justice something) against the vet. 8K for damages max but we'll also be adding in court/legal fees plus a public apology. B. File a suit for her Malpractice Insurance limits, HUGE amount of money. Same deal with getting my court/legal fees paid and the public apology. If I go with A it will prolly be simple and straight forward. She may even offer a settlement to avoid the public apology and keep this story under wraps. BUT, I'm limited to 8K for a payoff and the court may rule even less then that. If I go with B the court may just laugh it off. Going for 100K+ for a lost dog may look like we're money hungry and they laugh the case off. Then nothing happens and she still gets off scott free. I'm just worried if I go with A they will rule for like 1K and my fees. Then she really isnt hurt by it and she still continues to be a POS. If I go with B I have the chance of really hitting her where it hurts. BUT obviously it can turn into absolutely nothing quickly. What would you do in my shoes??????