Help with Z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ballinhatch

Right now i have a ZC in my 91 hatch, and i want to replace it with a d16z6. I want to keep the transmission from the ZC wich is cable. But the z6 is equipt with the hydro tranny, will this cause any problems? will the ZC tranny bolt onto the z6 without any extra parts?

is anything wrong with the ZC?? if its the DOHC, i would stick with it over the d16z6. i believe the zc has like 5 more hp. dont think that the z6 is gonna be a better motor just bc its vtec, SOHC vtec isnt worth a shit. IMO, stick with the zc. as for the zc tranny bolting up to the z6, they are both d series, i dont see why it wouldnt, but im not positive.

The Z6 has much more opportunity for upgrades and much more aftermarket support... all you can do with the ZC is boost it and scrounge for super expensive aftermarket parts that are impossible to find. This isn't a Z6 vs ZC thread anyway.

The ZC transmission WILL bolt right up to the Z6 engine. Just remove your ZC, swap the transmission over to the Z6, then reinstall.

if this was a z6 vs ZC thread, i had a friend that ran 14.1 on an unboosted ZC, all he had was CAI, header, exhaust, Lightened flywheel and Ground cams.

i ran high 14s with mine. I agree that the d16z6 has MUCH more aftermarket support. No competition there. BUT, the zc engine in my rex(as it would be in your hatch) makes for an extremely well balanced car. I just like the feel. If I was to go d series again, DOHC zc it would be.

Sorry, didnt mean to start a conflict here....

Back