Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

Alright, help me fix my mistake!

so I ripped my newly built computer apart to install my thermaltake sonic 4 in 1 cpu cooler, After I put everything back together correctly, (pretty sure I did but apparently not) The computer sounds nomal when starting up but I get no video, fan is spinning on video card so I'm getting power there.. that was my only guess.. everything is brand new so I must of just hooked something up wrong?

What can I do to find this problem?

I doubt you hooked something up wrong..

The only think you can do is reseat your video card and check you cables..

do you get the normal beeps?

do you get any video at all?

I never got any beeps ever.. I get no video at all I hear the computer running but I have a black screen, the monitor light looks like its on stand by (orange light) and when i disconnect the monitor cable the light turns green..

did you de-static your self befoer touching the computer? static electricty on your body can fry a mother board like nothing.

or, if its a dell, and its just in its case... it will fry anyway...

did you de-static your self befoer touching the computer? static electricty on your body can fry a mother board like nothing.

or, if its a dell, and its just in its case... it will fry anyway...

I would die if i owned a dell desktop. Have you taken the card out of the slot, disconnected the power to it, then reconnected everything?

re-set the bios and pray.

Sounds like you fried the board or the power supply. What kind of supply do you have?

try clearing CMOS.

like everyone said, check to everything is plugged in correctly; ram, video card, cpu, power supply, etc...

also, if its an SLi board, check to see if its set to sli and try using the other pci-e slot.

i hope you didnt get some shitty psu.

ive had this issue a few times with my old board.

i would have to reset the cmos battery everytime i changed out a card, added memory, hdd etc etc.

no I didn't de-static myself.. but I mean the power light on the mobo is still green so I would think that wouldn't come on if fried it which I highly doubt i did? I have a asus a8n sli premium mobo, with a enermax 450 watt psu..

How do I reset the bios/cmos?

it's slightly different on every board. Read your manual to know for sure.

And it's definitely possibly to cook a part and still have the little power light come on. A friend of mine fried his board and it powered up normally, power LED came on, etc. It just wouldn't POST.

Just a random one, i skimmed through.

Check to make sure the monitor is plugged into hte right VGA, if you have more than one VGA, check the card in a nother computer, or try another video card, like a PCI one. No i didnt look up the info on the board, im lazy right now/working :wink:
DELLS SUCK! :laugh:

Back