1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Rev on Start up

Discussion in 'Integra' started by makemagick, May 30, 2012.

1. makemagick

makemagick Member

So, I got a 97 integra, and a obd1 jdm gsr swap. instead of the gsr intake I used skunk2 intake manifold. As soon as you start the car the revs go to the skies 3-4.5 and it feels like someone is pushing the gas pedal but no1 is really pushing it obviously. I tried to search it on the forums, a lot of people suggest to change the manifold gasket (obviously i did since i was installing a new manifold). i'm pretty sure all of the hoses going to IM are correct too. So far the only solution we found is to close one of the valves in the throttle body, as soon as you cover it with your finger RPMS go back to normal 1.7ish. Any suggestions?

2. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

Take your invisible foot off of the gas pedal... just kidding. I don't know, good luck finding a solution though!

3. GlassHeadlights

GlassHeadlights West West Yall

Vac leak or bad IACV maybe. Keep looking!

4. lostsoulzprophet

lostsoulzprophet delslow

Bad Vac leak. Or routed wrong.

5. makemagick

makemagick Member

was a bad throttle gasket, at first it looked good, but then we found was a tiiiiny tiiiny opening in it, after i replaced it, it started running mint

6. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

7. Marsh

Marsh Member

Don't forget to check your FITv Fast Idle Valve. If rpm returned to normal when plugging the bottom hole this is really the only culprit.
    [​IMG]

8. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Here was his solution.

9. makemagick

makemagick Member

had to get a custom throttle body gasket, 3 different company oem-type didnt work

10. Marsh

Marsh Member

ahaha Duhh, I neglected to notice you saying you are using a Skunk2 Intake Mani lol...
    THIS IS AN OBD2 GSR Throttle Body=
    [​IMG]
    Notice the Difference from the OBD1 Throttle Body(Obd2 throttle body's do NOT use a FITv)Your problem was not the Gasket, It's the Throttle Body. You was trying to use an OBD1 TB Gasket! Now you have gotten an Obd2 Gasket and by doing so you have blocked the lower port. It will hold up for a while. Skunk2/Edelbrock etc are not setup to work with obd1 Throttle Body's. I recommend you get an obd2 gsr or just get a Skunk2 Throttle Body;)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted