1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Highest Compression Ratio On 91 Octane/E85 For K Swap

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by kjadair, Jul 5, 2010.

1. kjadair

kjadair New Member

Ok. So i've done some serching and havent really found anything for K swaps regarding this topic. I would like to run a 14.2:1 but i know that just wont happen on 91 but what about E85? So what would be the safest ratio to run a N/A K motor at?

I know 12.1 on a B motor is pushing it. But what about a K motor?

Im looking to build a K24 bottom with a Type R head or Civic SI head.

Parts:
    Wiesco Pistions
    Brian Crower CRANKSHAFT
    Eagle H Beam rods
    Acl Race Or Stock K20a Bearing (Dont Know Yet)
    And still looking at other parts and reviews.

nd i would like it to rev high. But this is going to be a daily driver. And take it on a road course here and there.

If you have something negitive to say go cry to your mom about it not me.

Thank you for your input,
    Kevin

2. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

13:1 is great for cali 91. not sure how high on e85, But i dont see why you couldnt run a 14:1 on a K with E85.

Make sure you have E85 avaliable to you close by because there is no way you can run 91 on a 14:1 comp with no detonation.

Make sure you run big cams to bleed of some compression.

3. kjadair

kjadair New Member

Yeah, I've been looking around and i have found some build that people are running 16.1:1 on E85 in a K.

Here is vegas E85 is all over. Not really but its around and ALOT of cars here are starting to run on it.

I know is cali there are very few placed that have E85. I think LA was the only one to have it for awhile. Not sure where else its at. But I was just there 2 weeks ago in Simi Valley, Hawthorne, Redondo, Culver City and Hermosa And i didn't see any E85 at all.

So im kinda sketched out on building an E85 car because I do go to cali alot. Unless i can run a 13:1 and switch it between maps. But I dont know if you would be able to do that.

Kevin

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted