Highest Compression Ratio On 91 Octane/E85 For K Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kjadair

Ok. So i've done some serching and havent really found anything for K swaps regarding this topic. I would like to run a 14.2:1 but i know that just wont happen on 91 but what about E85? So what would be the safest ratio to run a N/A K motor at?

I know 12.1 on a B motor is pushing it. But what about a K motor?

Im looking to build a K24 bottom with a Type R head or Civic SI head.

Parts:
Wiesco Pistions
Brian Crower CRANKSHAFT
Eagle H Beam rods
Acl Race Or Stock K20a Bearing (Dont Know Yet)
And still looking at other parts and reviews.

nd i would like it to rev high. But this is going to be a daily driver. And take it on a road course here and there.

If you have something negitive to say go cry to your mom about it not me.

Thank you for your input,
Kevin

13:1 is great for cali 91. not sure how high on e85, But i dont see why you couldnt run a 14:1 on a K with E85.

Make sure you have E85 avaliable to you close by because there is no way you can run 91 on a 14:1 comp with no detonation.

Make sure you run big cams to bleed of some compression.

Yeah, I've been looking around and i have found some build that people are running 16.1:1 on E85 in a K.

Here is vegas E85 is all over. Not really but its around and ALOT of cars here are starting to run on it.

I know is cali there are very few placed that have E85. I think LA was the only one to have it for awhile. Not sure where else its at. But I was just there 2 weeks ago in Simi Valley, Hawthorne, Redondo, Culver City and Hermosa And i didn't see any E85 at all.

So im kinda sketched out on building an E85 car because I do go to cali alot. Unless i can run a 13:1 and switch it between maps. But I dont know if you would be able to do that.

Kevin

Back