1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home made itbs advise

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by mtx89civic, Nov 30, 2007.

1. mtx89civic

mtx89civic New Member

Got a 00 civic si want to build some home made itbs couple things,

checked out how to make them from homemadeturbo.com tab-tech projects, hm itbs. I have tools knowlege exc, and my uncle owns a machine shop so all i need is the itbs and manifold (just in case it doesnt work) that way i can put my stock one back on.

K so anyone know what CC itbs for example 1000cc 1300cc, "Jeff" the guy who wrote the page on tech projects didnt say

im assuming use 900 and up but just wondering

ALSO any advise when eliminating the iacv on the back of the mani, that and any other issuse problems from own experiences please Share!!! I just want this to go smooth sailing. lols

btw im an ASE GM tech But honda's are my life so dont think i dont know what im doing!!

thanks guys [​IMG]

2. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

Your right. anything over 900cc. Above that it would be what you plan on doing to the car. If you plan to stay stock then anything around there will be fine. If your planning a big budget build then I would go bigger. And (I believe the hmt article mentions it) use ITBs off a honda. They have the TPS already so you wont need to mount one yourself.

3. mtx89civic

mtx89civic New Member

really honda rockets use the same voltage and that? wow nice do they line up real nice like gsxrs

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

honda bike and honda cars uses the same thing i would go with a cbr 954 or 929 itb

5. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

I believe you will still have to adjust it just as in the article, but it saves you the fabrication to mount it.

6. itb_b16

itb_b16 New Member

here are my diy itbs for my future b16
    05 cbr 600 rr itb, and b16 intake runners
    [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted