homemade ITR style trunk brace?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
you guys ever heard of this? apparently there is a bar across the lower rear trunk in type r integras that no other hondas have. supposed to really help performance and you can make it yourself, drill holes and bolt it up. apparently its a major flex point in the chassis, since honda put a brace there and NOT across the strut towers....

that 1st method sounds pretty damn effective to me.

Would Rep you if I could!

Im gonna do this as soon as I get my teg running again.

Thanks for the info!

I made one like that out of a aluminum truck tool box brace, I'll upload some pics when I get back from work.

i will definitely be doing this mod, not sure when it will happen.... but when i do ill take pictures and post up the results.

one bar looks like it goes over the spare tire well,the other looks like it goes across the black plastic?!?!? the one over the well looks more effective

Would this be effective on a civic? The integra has pretty much the same chassis right, so whats good for an integra would be good for a civic, right?

the eg and ek chassis is very similar to the dc for sure, id bet that it helps them too. i just thought it was a cool cheap mod. there are a couple threads about it on team-integra if you search.

That way seems better than using the aluminum square bar. Did you have to drill or are there four bolts all ready there. I know there are two.

There were 4. yeah I got kinda lucky on the bar I had, we were about to take it to the metal recyclers.

Last edited:
a flat bar will not be as strong as a piece of tube keep that in mind when trying to make one of these

Back