Honda GRX Hybrid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Its got wayyyyyyy toooo much going on with it. . . it deffinately needs to be smoothed out and have less angles and curves. . . and drop a K20a in it gor christ sake. . . WTF is with the 1.5L V6?????

Think about it this way.

F1 car has a max size of 3.0L motor most are V12s

cut that in half, you have 1.5L and 6 pistons. (not a V but that's not the point)

it can only be a good thing.

bad ass car
im actually very excited to see if it will hit the street and in what form

this is only a concept vehicle... i think the style will definitely be toned down a bit for production

if it does hit the street it will take the title away from my old Mazda MX3 GS for the smallest production 6cyl (it had a 1.8 V6 in it) :cry:

and let me be the first in this thread to say loudly FUCK THE FUCKING K SERIES ENGINE!!!! ITS NOT THE FUCKING BE ALL END ALL OF ENGINE DEVELOPMENT

Quoted post[/post]]
bad ass car
im actually very excited to see if it will hit the street and in what form

this is only a concept vehicle... i think the style will definitely be toned down a bit for production

if it does hit the street it will take the title away from my old Mazda MX3 GS for the smallest production 6cyl (it had a 1.8 V6 in it) :cry:

and let me be the first in this thread to say loudly FUCK THE FUCKING K SERIES ENGINE!!!! ITS NOT THE FUCKING BE ALL END ALL OF ENGINE DEVELOPMENT
Whats that I hear, is it a call to Jihad coming from the board??? OH SWEET GOD!!!

hondas suck. :laugh:

I like it, minus the puke green. Maybe the color add to the aerodynamics...lol. But holy crap, those are some friggin HUUUUUGE underbody diffusers for such a small car. I'd LOVE to see the CFD work done on that thing. I agree with the statement about the overly large wheels. The spoiler up top could be molded to fit the body a bit better as well, but overall a cool concept to come from an otherwise fairly boring car company in recent years. I'd love to also see the engine. Small disp. flat 6 = yum, revs.

I know this is a bit late....

Here's a link that may give a little hope for the engine in this car.

Goldwing Retriever - The Kneeslider

The new wing is now 1.8L and if it will move the bike, trailer and a volvo wagon I'm sure it would move this little car just fine.
Also, I personally have seen a wing kick the snot out of a Mustang GT at the strip as well as run near 140mph on the front stretch of Texas World Speedway during a track day event. Granted this car will likely weigh 3x what the wing weighs, but still...
The Wing engine is torquey and smooth. It will move this car just fine.

that is awesome, and definitely good to know...
bike weighs 926lbs, im sure the trailer setup is at least another 300lbs, add in another 300lbs for rider with all the gear and such and your only about 500lbs under the weight of an insight with the IMA system and batteries and shit.... rip out all the IMA stuff, batteries, and shit and its probly only a difference of 200 or so lbs... and that bike will still tow an additional 5500lbs :eek:
god damn!!

im gunna have to just buy another damn insight with a bad IMA system and swap in this engine...
honda has their heads too far up their asses to do anything cool anymore :(

Redwoodbob, do you own a Goldwing by any chance?? curious to know what kind of MPG you are getting in the real world with it

Last edited:
Back