Honda Pilot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frankie P.

Hey guys, I was planning on buying a Pilot in the next few months, and I was just wondering if there were any Supercharges for the Pilot available. Turbo is not an option, I don't want to deal with the lag, I just want something that will give me a smooth accelaration. I want the extra power, mostly the torque because I plan on pulling some stuff, like Sea Doo's and the like in the future, thanks ahead of time.

nothing like buying a new car only to void the warrenty becuase it lacks power to start with....

If youre buying new car and it does not offer enough power for you then I think you should look else where

new F150s are pretty bad ass other then the fact they only come in Auto =(

F150s are auto-only ? That's GOT to be a regional thing. A truck that isn't available in manual ? Heresy.

The Pilots ranks lowest in all Japanese tests. The Xterra is actually looking good, since Nissan supported it's owners like Jeep does. It's also pretty good at off-roading.

Now, if you don't want the status symbol, lemme tell ya Suzuki makes a fine truck with their Vitara XL7. It's a ladder frame truck with reasonable driveline, power, and economy. And it's cheap as hell.

-> Steve

I used to hate Xterra's right.

Last summer I spent the whole summer riding shotgun in my step bro's friends, and damn that thing is a nice ride. It did awesome offroad, and was nice around town. They dont' have that much bells and whitles but are pretty bad ass IMO.

Since it is a Honda does the warranty really matter? I am not going to pay the extra cash for a 100,000 mile warranty. Also, a truck probably won't last as long as the Pilot. As for the other models mentioned, looked into it, I like the Pilot, more bang for the buck. Good safe family car, I only wanted some power for the Sea-Doo's and the like. Pilot aslo did well for off-roading, so I have read, but I don't want to go off-roading, that is why I have a Jeep. I like to ask people about theirs vs. other cars, the Pilot has great size on the inside, but doesn't guzzle up the gas, 17 MPG in the city I believe, the Supercharger won't destroy that too much, even if it does, I will still be getting better gas mileage than a truck. The only reason I would get a truck would be to tow a boat, don't have one, so I don't feel I need a truck. Just wondering about the Supercharger.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Apr 26 2004, 02:10 AM
Since it is a Honda does the warranty really matter? I am not going to pay the extra cash for a 100,000 mile warranty. Also, a truck probably won't last as long as the Pilot. As for the other models mentioned, looked into it, I like the Pilot, more bang for the buck. Good safe family car, I only wanted some power for the Sea-Doo's and the like. Pilot aslo did well for off-roading, so I have read, but I don't want to go off-roading, that is why I have a Jeep. I like to ask people about theirs vs. other cars, the Pilot has great size on the inside, but doesn't guzzle up the gas, 17 MPG in the city I believe, the Supercharger won't destroy that too much, even if it does, I will still be getting better gas mileage than a truck. The only reason I would get a truck would be to tow a boat, don't have one, so I don't feel I need a truck. Just wondering about the Supercharger.

I've driven the Pilots--nothing impressive. You are buying the Honda name. I would pick a Nissan Xterra over a Honda Pilot. You would save a shitload of cash as well.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Apr 26 2004, 02:10 AM
...Also, a truck probably won't last as long as the Pilot...

my dad has a 1966 Ford F100 thats STILL running strong and that he hauls shit with all the time. as far as the Pilot, they are a cool looking little truck. i dunno anything about them spec wise but they are a nice looking truck.

i agree with Slammed89Integra...get the Xterra :thumbsup:

hell how about a Tundra with a V8?? that would be MUCH better. you would be able to haul all kinds of stuff with that thing

Pilot aslo did well for off-roading, so I have read, but I don't want to go off-roading, that is why I have a Jeep.

Hahahahahaaahhahahahahahahahaha'hAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
<Whew... breathe... >

ok, that being laughed at, Here is a pic of my 4Runner:
4Runner2.jpg

Cheap, has an awesome interior, gets great gas mileage. But for offroading, it has to be geared differently, or have a Ford V8 transplanted. The roof comes off, but the softop costs $800, and it takes 3 people and an hour to take the top off.

Been my dream vehicle for 12 years, and now I have one.

-> Steve

The Xterra is too tiny, same as a CRV if you ask me, I don't want a damn truck, unless I am going to haul something heavier than Sea-Doo's like a fuckin' boat, and I don't have one of those. Also the gas prices in Cali are through the roof, and my dads F-150 cost too much just for the gas. The pilot has good room, great extra's, for a decent price, I like it the most, so I want it. Sounds greedy, but dammit it is my money, and my family. It is a pretty safe car too, five star rating. The only other cars that come with third row seating are this huge gas guzzling POS that is called "EXCURSION."

1st Place

Along with some pretty strong competition, the Pilot still came in first, I like car and driver, they helped me too, but overall the pilot I feel is for me. I like the power it has stock, but I just want a little more if I will be carrying a big load, and going uphill I want more torque, IMO every car needs something more, a perfect car has yet to be made, but the Pilot is pretty damn close.

Why do you need an SUV to pull a few PWCs? Christ, my AllTrac will drag three snowmobiles around without any complaints. ANY car will pull two PWCs because you can get a class one hitch (2000 lb.) for just about any car. Shit, even Civic hatches have a 2000 lb. towing capacity, rated by Honda.

lol if you want 3rd row seating, get a minivan. they will have plenty of power for a PWC or 3 and insurance will be cheaper than an SUV. not to mention our 2000 dodge Caravan was getting ~ 23 mpg city(i know, it had the little thingy on the console to tell you what the economy was!)

I don't want a mini-van because they look stupid, plain and simple. Also, I will probably be going up to the mountains to do some snowboarding, and I want something that can at least dig itself out of a whole. I don't know why you people get so pissed off, because I want a pilot. I didn't asked what you thought about it, I understand that the majority of you don't like it, or say that this car is better than that one, I don't care, I was just searching for a supercharger, couldn't find any and tried to come for you guys for some guidance for a supercharger, not how bad the car is or a mini-van is better. The pilot has the most potential for what I am looking for I don't know how much more I can say that.

I want the car for more than just towing, safe, I am planning having some babies, I want them to be safe, easy for my wife to drive, but I am slightly hood rich, so looks have some appeal for me. Just answer my question please, does anybody make/in process of making a supercharger for the Pilot?

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Apr 25 2004, 11:49 PM
I was just wondering if there were any Supercharges for the Pilot available.

damn, someone just answer the question instead of giving him a bunch of crap

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si+Apr 26 2004, 02:55 PM-->
Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 26 2004, 07:18 AM
NotUrAverage_Si
@Apr 26 2004, 12:14 AM
fuck the f150 go for the SRT-10.

If you want a Viper, just buy a goddamn Viper...

I was talking about the truck.

"People LOVE the truck."

^^I wonder if anybody else is going to understand that?? :D

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+Apr 26 2004, 03:57 PM-->
Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Apr 26 2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 26 2004, 07:18 AM
NotUrAverage_Si
@Apr 26 2004, 12:14 AM
fuck the f150 go for the SRT-10.

If you want a Viper, just buy a goddamn Viper...

I was talking about the truck.

"People LOVE the truck."

^^I wonder if anybody else is going to understand that?? :D

I don't know...probably not.

Back