Honda Rat Rod

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Jan 20 2005, 03:35 PM
pick up the following magazines:

MiniTruckin'
Street Trucks
Tailgate

check out these sites:

layinbody.com
ministyle.com
streetsourcemag.com

join: minitrucks@yahoogroups.com

all that should help you become more of a mini-trucker Mike :D
[post=448784]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll have to pass on those. :lol:

I can't even spare the cash to buy the mags that I want to read! I do read NissanMinis regularly and marvel at the stupidity of the majority of the members though.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jan 20 2005, 04:45 PM
Smaller engines do consume less fuel per revolution, but if it takes twice the revolution to make it move - Then where does that get you ?

-> Steve
[post=448759]Quoted post[/post]​

Right... I get 20MPG on Gingerman Raceway, and your always on the gas.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 19 2005, 08:35 PM
Put an SR20det in that bitch, right look :thumbsup:, plenty of potential :thumbsup:, aftermarket support :thumbsup:, bolts and can be adapted to normal transmissions :thumbsup:
[post=448383]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds good I will have to reaserch that one.

BTW is that a nissan?

Honda Rat-Rod.

this is where the small detail of the damn honda engines spinning in the opposite direction of all other engines ends up fucking you in the ass.... if you were able to get an adapter plate made up you would have 5(or 6) gears in reverse and 1 forward :thumbsdown:
I had a 1973 Cadillac Sedan DeVille with a giant 501cid V8 that mated to a standard TH-400 trans. Cadillac engines spin in reverse and they use the same transmissions as Chevy trucks (the RWD ones do).

I was thinking about doing something similar. I have a spare D16Z6 from my Wife's 94 Civic EX (swapped to ZC) and a spare TS-400 4x4 trans. They are both sitting on the floor in my Brother's garage, I thought it might be cool to plug them in and drop some bucket-body behind it and see how many dirty looks I can get.
I imagine tuners wouldn't like that I went to all that trouble for a D16, Hot-Rod guys wouldn't like that I used a Honda engine, and NOBODY would like that I used a 4x4 trans on it.

The more I talk about it, the more I want to do it.
icon6.gif

The more I think about it, if I ran a driveline off the front from the transfer case up to the front, I could make a FWD T-Bucket and use Honda front-suspension while keeping everything in an inline RWD configuration as God intended.

I had a 1973 Cadillac Sedan DeVille with a giant 501cid V8 that mated to a standard TH-400 trans. Cadillac engines spin in reverse and they use the same transmissions as Chevy trucks (the RWD ones do).

I was thinking about doing something similar. I have a spare D16Z6 from my Wife's 94 Civic EX (swapped to ZC) and a spare TS-400 4x4 trans. They are both sitting on the floor in my Brother's garage, I thought it might be cool to plug them in and drop some bucket-body behind it and see how many dirty looks I can get.
I imagine tuners wouldn't like that I went to all that trouble for a D16, Hot-Rod guys wouldn't like that I used a Honda engine, and NOBODY would like that I used a 4x4 trans on it.

The more I talk about it, the more I want to do it.
icon6.gif

The more I think about it, if I ran a driveline off the front from the transfer case up to the front, I could make a FWD T-Bucket and use Honda front-suspension while keeping everything in an inline RWD configuration as God intended.

Thanks for the info man. In the future though, please be conscious of the dates on these threads. You just resurrected this from four years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back