Honda XGA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]the "redifining" isn't simply AWD, it's the "SH" which stands for "Super-Handling." it pushes power to the outside wheels while turning to acheive better control. the prelude had "SH" for 97-01. i'm not sure if any other manufacturers are doing the same thing, but honda is really publicizing their system
...........most awd drives tranfer power. Its called a limited slip diff. :p

I believe it controls power to each wheel, all 4 ways, not just front/rear.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
but as soon as honda steps in the ring you can bet it will "redefine" the class

i have faith in honda R and D

I believe it will be competitive but Honda is still yet to develop an engine in an econo car with torque.

Does that suprise you? in the last few years honda has increased the size of their motors to offer more torque, but overall torque isnt their goal, its high MPG.

You want torque? go buy something else.

Quoted post[/post]]
I believe it controls power to each wheel, all 4 ways, not just front/rear.

Audi AWD/VW 4motion?

Does that suprise you? in the last few years honda has increased the size of their motors to offer more torque, but overall torque isnt their goal, its high MPG.

You want torque? go buy something else.

Yes, it does suprise. When chevy can put out a 5.7L engine with numbers more than twice as large as Hondas, and still get in the mid twenty's for gas mileage, and honda is yet to develop an engine that incorporates greater torque numbers.

This is where Celerity would bust in. Over the past 20 years, hondas gas mileage has stayed relatively even and in some respects, from models like the HX, has decreased dramatically over the years. After 20 years and millions in research and develop I expect leaps and bounds. Honda hasn't shown that in their econo line engines, they've shown that they'll take something that works and just keep using it - with no improvements being made or very few improvements. It took Honda how many years to abandon the B series and just now go to the K series?

Basically, Honda builds a great econo car but I would expect far more out of it - other manufacturers are catching Honda and if they don't start making leaps and bounds they're going to be caught with their pants down.

The Scion tc is already battling for the Civic's market share and is doing a damn good job being a competitor.

The Scion tc is already battling for the Civic's market share and is doing a damn good job being a competitor.
TC isnt after the civic. its after the SI, I bet honda sells 10 times if not more civic sedans then toyota with their Tc.

I just think honda isnt out there to try to grab the sports market. they build a good car that most normal drivers want.

I dont like the civic, you dont seem to like the civic, why? because we want something more from our cars. but the basic buyer doesnt. they want a car that gets 30+ mpg and doesnt cost a lot to keep it running.

Honda as a company does great, they have a kick ass company that's ranked up there with Toyota, one of the largest auto companies in the world. IMO they know how to run things.

Only thing honda made in the last 10 years that I've really liked is the S2000. (not counting their bikes)

Just remember, we (the car guys) make up only a small group of car buyers.

Am I pissed at honda for not making their engines bigger and more torque happy? no I could care less, that's why I drive a Nissan.

TC isnt after the civic. its after the SI, I bet honda sells 10 times if not more civic sedans then toyota with their Tc.

A believe a Si *IS* a civic, so therefore its after the civic. Its priced right around $16,000-$17,000 to compete with any midway civic model.

It doesn't matter if honda sells 10 times more civics, than toyota - honda has history in the market. My point is that toyota is gaining on the honda civic, *AND IT IS*. The corolla and tc are now major competitors.

Also I know that they're out just to sell econo cars, not sports cars, but every other manufacturer has stepped up and made the definition of an econo car a little bit higher year after year. This is why now virtually every econo car has luxuries that only top end cars once had. If you want a navi system, you can get one. Power windows, locks, mirrors, seats, no problem. 6 disc cd changer? sure. spoiler, alloy rims? sure.

Quoted post[/post]]
I just think honda isnt out there to try to grab the sports market. they build a good car that most normal drivers want.

Damn straight. Read my quote in Jeef's signature... held true when I wrote it, 10 years before I wrote it, now, and probably 10 years from now.

S2kGT_copy.jpg

http://www.s2ki.com/Home/content/view/252/6/

Honda executives in Japan have stunned the automotive community with the declaration that 2006 will be the last year for the current S2000. The announcement was surprising coming from the usually tight lipped Honda brain-trust, and is most likely a response to Nissan’s recent announcement of the new Skyline GT-R. (Honda is aggressively pursuing a higher profit margin vehicle.) Whether the car will be released in the United States under the Honda or Acura moniker is still being debated, but the new car, which shares the platform of the S2000, (not the Acura RL as previously speculated) will be built at Honda’s Suzuka plant which will make it necessary to discontinue production of the venerable S2k to insure production capacity.

“We are very excited about the new XGA. It combines all the elements consumers desire in a luxury sport coupe along with traditional Honda performance and reliability. At a price significantly lower than our most recent NSX offering greater power and handling, we expect the XGA to quickly dominate its class.†said Honda spokesperson Reiji Tanaka at the press conference unveiling the new design. “We are sorry to see the S2000 go, but when first introduced, it was only supposed to have a two year model run. Now we are very excited at the new direction Honda will be taking with the much more refined XGA.â€

The new model will be a 2+2 hardtop with a 3 litre V-tec 6 cylinder powerplant developing 320 HP at 7500RPMs. (again, not the V8 or V-10 reported in Road and Track) It will feature the Honda SH-AWD system, GPS navigation, an eight speaker stereo system with an in-dash CD changer and XM satellite radio, and an information system that displays trip, gas mileage, service intervals, and other pertinent data. The sport tuned suspension will have five settings to adjust between comfort and all-out performance. The 18†forged alloy wheels will come equipped with Bridgestone’s newest Potenza sport tire with 255/35 series in the front and 285/30s in the rear. The new interior will be much plusher than the S2000, and offer many additional options to the buyer than the one-flavor fits all approach of the S2000. Power will be delivered to the wheels through either a six speed manual transmission or a five speed automatic with a clutchless shift option. The base model is expected to retail in the $43k range, but options can push that figure to more than $50k. The new models should start appearing in Tokyo showrooms sometime in the spring of 2007 with a US appearance a short time after. As soon as more photos/info is available, we’ll be sure to post it right away. The S2000 is very near and dear to all of us here at S2ki, and while the news is quite disturbing on one hand, we’re excited to see what Honda has in store for us next.

When the s2000 first came out I said, if they make a coupe version, ill buy one. well....maybe i will after all.

This one's not really just a coupe version... and it's going to be quite a bit more expensive.

i know, but i meant looks wise. The s2000 does nothing for me, a fixed roof, i thought, would... and this looks like a hardtop s2000, thats all i was saying, but i suspect the look to change for the production model. plus i plan on buying a car in 08, so maybe i can find one slightly used.

v6, awd... oh its obvious its different, but better?? that will remain to be seen. Usually with going from a I4 to a v6, there is some weight increase. awd adds some pounds too.

I like the pic of the new concept but there goes the old honda that the world loves. I know that Honda is trying to become more "up scale" in the american market, however, as I have bitch many times before, they are leaving that small car market that america needs. Fine let them do that, but I would love to see honda do what toyota did and introduce a new brand like scion and start producing small, cheap, tossable, basic cars. Bring back a few little two seater with no nothing options. Make a super high reving, no trq, Honda S1000 that you practically have to wear and can toss it all you want and it will take it. Have their build moto to not make a car over 2200 lbs and try and shot for 50+mpg on all of the cars.

Quoted post[/post]]
i know, but i meant looks wise. The s2000 does nothing for me, a fixed roof, i thought, would... and this looks like a hardtop s2000, thats all i was saying, but i suspect the look to change for the production model. plus i plan on buying a car in 08, so maybe i can find one slightly used.

v6, awd... oh its obvious its different, but better?? that will remain to be seen. Usually with going from a I4 to a v6, there is some weight increase. awd adds some pounds too.

Hmm.

V6? They never said "V". It might be an I-6.

Quoted post[/post]]
I like the pic of the new concept but there goes the old honda that the world loves. I know that Honda is trying to become more "up scale" in the american market, however, as I have bitch many times before, they are leaving that small car market that america needs. Fine let them do that, but I would love to see honda do what toyota did and introduce a new brand like scion and start producing small, cheap, tossable, basic cars. Bring back a few little two seater with no nothing options. Make a super high reving, no trq, Honda S1000 that you practically have to wear and can toss it all you want and it will take it. Have their build moto to not make a car over 2200 lbs and try and shot for 50+mpg on all of the cars.

I agree with you somewhat.... but Honda already has the highest corporate average economy in the US, and it's higher outside the US because of the models that we can't get here.

I would love to see them come out with a no nonsense entry level brand like Toyota did with Scion.

that isn't a real pic of the concept.
it's an AP2 that's been chopped with an integra

--- errr

edit: maybe i'm wrong. that pic came out on april fool's day on s2ki.com

Back