Hondaswap parents: How much do you spend on child care?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you don't understand, I can't make you. Have fun spending your time working for money that you'll give to someone else so they can spend their time with your kids. Then criticize my logic :roll:

I think if this was a conversation in person....i'm pretty sure you would not walk away without bruising....from me anyway...thats all i have to say about your your logic...or i should say lack of logic

Say one of you makes $25 an hour, childcare here costs at least $10 an hour (minimum for what I consider acceptable conditions) That means that while you're at work, you're making $15 an hour. Is spending all day away from your child worth $15 an hour. For us it wasn't, so my wife got a lower paying job where the kid could be with her.
The numbers will be different for everybody, so you might have to give up more or less to be an actual parent to your child. So, you sit down and ask yourself, how much money is my kid worth? What monetary value should I place on time spent with my child? I try not to pass judgement, but I consider that time immeasurably valuable. I understand if you truly "have to" to survive, but when your definition of "have to" is so you can make payments on your luxury cars and your huge expensive mortgage payment can survive, I think it's pretty shitty to put that ahead of your kids. And then to say that you're working to improve their quality of life, what kind of quality of life is having neither parent around?

You can insult me all day long, and I know that kids are a sensitive issue, but can it with the e-thug bullshit. This is a message board and I have as much right to post my opinions as you do. I'm sure if we were face to face, you'd rip me in half for having a different opinion than you, and that's a very mature attitude. I'm glad you'll be instilling those same values in your children :thumbsup:

And for those of you playing a drinking game at home, maverick.

Like I said, the numbers are different for everyone. The cutoff point at which money and possessions become more important than your child being with it's parent is a personal decision.

Klyph if you don't have kids to support I highly suggest you shut your trap. For example my wifes work had very good benefits which I myself and children are on her plan. If she were to stay at home with the kids it would actually coast us more per month for health insurance than for daycare. Also I'm paying for a modest mortgage and I have no car payments both aging cars mine is 18yr old and the wifes 7. I think you're quite out of line for commenting on the topic.

$250/wk for 2 kids.
1-4yr old
1-6mo old.
and we do not use an FSA

Last edited:
Back