hondata constant tuning???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imprt92

i was talking to a friend of mine and he said if you use hondata you have to tune it all the time. tune it for different temps outside and for elevation, that sort of thing another told me just have it set on a dyno and you are good to go! so which is it? if i use it will i need to tune it all the time??? thanks

No, you just run it on the dyno and forget it. It's the same with any other tuning method. If you want to tune it for different elevations or other conditions, you can. You can't with the stock ECU setup.

wrong. USDM ECUs have a barometric pressure sensor to compensate for altitude and weather changes. Retuning the car for altitude is a fine tuning thing - unless you've tuned the car so close to the edge that sneezing at it will make it ping, there will be plenty of room for changes in atmospheric pressure without incident.

Originally posted by radnulb@Aug 24 2004, 02:15 PM
wrong. USDM ECUs have a barometric pressure sensor to compensate for altitude and weather changes. Retuning the car for altitude is a fine tuning thing - unless you've tuned the car so close to the edge that sneezing at it will make it ping, there will be plenty of room for changes in atmospheric pressure without incident.
[post=381066]Quoted post[/post]​

so are you saying that it will or wont need to be re tuned in summer and winter?
i really want to learn about this before i buy it!

Back