hondata s100 worth it??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

word

hey,

right now i am running a vafc and i'm looking into hondata. is s100 worth it? i'm running a 2.0 na gsr, just want to have it tuned as a daily driver. i dont need all the launch control and stuff for drag racing?

thanks

chris

IMO, no.

if you're going to make the jump to hondata, go with the s200 series.

the s100 is a bitch and a half to tune- and frankly, it will cost you the same in the long run- more dyno time + more tuner time instead of getting a better, easier to use unit, that you can upgrade later if needed.

i suppose that's true, especially since dyno time is not cheap (~150 per hour or more) it's probably better to start with s200

I would look into Uberdata before you spend the money on Hondata. Uberdata has almost all the features Hondata has and a few it doesn't have. Datalogging is done and being tested right now. There are still a few little bugs, but it will still perform just as well as Hondata. I have been using it for a few months and it's defintely worht looking into. The only major difference between Hondata and Uberdata is price.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Apr 28 2004, 04:39 AM
The only major difference between Hondata and Uberdata is price.

yeah that its. nothing important like support or anybody that can tune it for ya if you get stuck :D

Originally posted by HellBentHONDA+Apr 28 2004, 11:34 AM-->
beerbongskickass
@Apr 28 2004, 04:39 AM
The only major difference between Hondata and Uberdata is price.

yeah that its. nothing important like support or anybody that can tune it for ya if you get stuck :D

You obviously don't know much about uberdata do you? There is a forum with just about all the info you need to know and quite a few people that know there stuff surf the site everyday, including the creator of uberdata. There is more than enough support for uberdata if you ask me and a lot of people are willing to help out. Oh and tuning? If somebody can tune hondata, then they would be able to tune uberdata very easily. It's the same thing, it just has a different interface. Besides that any "real" tuner would be able to tune just about any system.

http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/

similar, yes, the same? not really.

its kinda like windows 95 vs xp.

95 gets the job done, but xp is so much cooler :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 30 2004, 05:32 PM
similar, yes, the same? not really.

its kinda like windows 95 vs xp.

95 gets the job done, but xp is so much cooler :)

Sorry, but your wrong on that one. They are basically the same thing. Uberdata uses the Honda ecu coding for the maps, and allows for boost the same as Hondata. Uberdata's performance compared to Hondata is the same and they both operate and perform in the same manner.

i've got a great datalog of all the dyno pulls i made last time i went.. and when i went to the drag strip...

did you just sign up for hondaswap to preach about uberdata?

Originally posted by pills_PMD@May 1 2004, 07:21 AM
did you just sign up for hondaswap to preach about uberdata?

Nope not at all. I signed up because I like helping people turbocharge their cars and save money. I have a little bit of experiance with that so I like to help people when I can. Spent about $1100 total on my turbo kit and made pretty decent numbers. Considering the majority of us are on a budget I figured my help might be appreciated. Don't get me wrong here, Hondata is fucking awesome fuel management, but if it's so great why don't we all run it? Because it's so damn expensive.

hey, why don't you and pills compare datalogs...

oh, wait, you can't. uberdata doesn't do it

Originally posted by Airjockie@May 1 2004, 06:21 PM

Actually uberdata does datalog. You should check the uberdata forum because it's being updated all the time. Some bugs still need to be worked out, but datalogging for uberdata is in testing mode. Even if uberdata didn't have datalogging I could still use ECU control to datalog.

yeah the word "bugs" and a high strung 350 hp motor with gobs of air and fuel being rammed into it don't really go well together in my mind

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@May 1 2004, 09:40 PM
yeah the word "bugs" and a high strung 350 hp motor with gobs of air and fuel being rammed into it don't really go well together in my mind

The "bugs" in the datalogging have NOTHING to do with uberdata's performace. It's more like the white CEL doesn't move on the screen as the program datalogs, but is probably fixed by now. Please don't post about the subject unless you know what you are talking about and have something useful to say. I'm not saying I am an expert, but I know enough to explain the basics pretty well. I don't want this to turn into a big Hondata VS Uberdata thread. I am trying to state facts about Uberdata and how is it compared to Hondata.

ok you win- uberdata is the BEST system in the entire world- it's free and perfect in every way- I'm sorry i ever tried arguing that a a company which researched and developed it's system was superior to blake the uberdata god

:worthy: uberdata

Dude, I never said that lol. Sorry for trying to let all the people on a budget know there is a good alternative to Hondata. :mellow:

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+May 1 2004, 10:28 PM-->
Airjockie
@May 1 2004, 06:21 PM

Actually uberdata does datalog. You should check the uberdata forum because it's being updated all the time. Some bugs still need to be worked out, but datalogging for uberdata is in testing mode. Even if uberdata didn't have datalogging I could still use ECU control to datalog.

fact is, it still doesn't work.

Back