Hondata vs Super AFC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Hi guys, my car is not running right after installed IB probe 12:3:1 piston, IB ultrate rods, Skunk2 stage2 camshafts, springs, titanium retainers, valves, cam gears and port and polished. My builder told me that I need alot of tunning, so here are my guestions. I am still not familiar with Hondata after doing some reading on their site. From what I understand, they dont make one for OBD2 and I am willing to get an OBDI(p28 ECU) and buy the harness adapter, but what I want to know is the benefit and potential of using either product to tune my car. I know that an AFC, you could only tune to a point, such as change the air/fuel ratio, display graphs, set rev limit, and vtec crossover. Other aspect of the two products is their costs vs benefit. I think I will defenitely going Hondata but I just want to hear from some of you guys who have Hondata in their rides, specially the S200 model. Could someone tells me where is the Hondata S200 go in the car, from their site, the S200 looks just like a mini ECU. This is what I dont understand, if Hondata S200 is an ECU why couldnt it just be plug and play with their used of the harness adapter. Or is Hondata S200 is just a chip like any other brands that allow the user to use software to tune?. thanks

hondata consists of 2 parts- the ecu, chipped, and a wire that runs to an external box.

DSC00637.JPG

kinda a bad pic, but the blue box is under the ecu. its really tiny, and can probably fit in your glove box.

now, hondata IS a chip- but it is 100% tunable. you make your own fuel, igniton maps and all that based on your injector size, duty cycle, and so forth.

using software that you rtuner will have, you basically get a windows interface to burn the chip. it looks something like this:

digitaldash.gif

romeditor1.jpg

Thanks pissedoffsol, I appreciated the extral miles you took to post those closed up pictures. They really help! thanks for all the posts and helps guys!

Yeap! read that post before. I actually picked up something new reading that thread again. and here is what I didnt notice the first time reading it..."Then you will need to get a P28 ECU chipped with hondata most hondata dealers can get this for you. Then you need the hondata unit itself. " SO....NOT ONLY that I need to get the P28 ECU, the ECU have to be chipped with a Hondata chip and then run with the Hondata unit itself, right? someone please confirm this...thanks

the ecu needs to be socketed in order to accept the chip (EEPROM) that you program.

Sorry for making MULTIPLE POSTS but I have to get all my questions clears before taken any further action. So, when I buy the Hondata S200 blue box, does it come with the chip also or do I have to purchase it saperately? these are the questions I have for now. thanks

If you can solder or know somebody than can do it for you here's how to socket your own ECU... http://www.ecimulti.org/albums/album70/how...cketyourp28.jpg

The actual blue box that comes with hondata is nothing more than a security device that keeps people from hacking into the code. I didn't realize this until after I boght my hondata 2b. Then I started learning about hondata/uberdata and was like WTF!? it's the same thing so what the hell is this little blue box for? lol. I actually just sold my hondata on eBay for more than I bought it for so I guess it was good for something.

Back