Hondata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

I'm thinking that Hondata is going to be my best option this summer when I finally have Toda B's and get my S2 intake manny on. I'm just wondering how some of the features work, specifically, the HondaLogger feature and the Rom Editor. If I get these bitches with the Hondata program I can tune on my laptop, right? And if so I can edit my fuel tuning and other shit like rev limiter too, right? Someone told me I'd have to burn a new chip every time I edit with the Rom Editor. Is this true?

Thanks in advance! :worthy:

Hope this isn't considered jacking, But I am also looking for the same info for a serious purchase. I know there are peeps out there in HS land that know a decent amount about Hondata systems....pissedoffsol?

i'm what i like to consider the resident hondata whore...
any specific questions??

click my webpage in my sig for some hondata tuning info and such...

oh and to answer the original post...

yes. you have to burn a new ROM every time you change your settings, using the pocket programmer or some similar device.

to save time, tuning on a dyno can be done with an emulator, but the final tune must be burnt to a ROM or else you'll have to run your laptop everytime you drive the car and download the ROm to the emulator...

you can edit your fuel maps, ignition timing, rev limit etc... but be warned its not as simple as hitting a few buttons.. you have to know what youre doing to pull the most potential out of the car...

a small very generic how to tune is on my webpage.

Soo.... Does burning a ROM mean i need a new chip? Sorry, i'm kind of retarded. :p

the Transtronics Romulator can be used as a permanently installed ROM emulator - it has battery backup to retain information.

If all you are looking for is a way to tune your NA cars, I'd highly urge you to save your money and try the DIY tools. The DIY tools can do pretty much everything hondata can, but at this time they do not handle boost or large (>310cc) injectors very well.

Crome and Uberdata are the two most well known ROM Editors sprung from the DIY crowd. Uberdata is targeted more at boosted cars, Crome has a extendable scripting language that people have used to implement everything from datalogging to full throttle launch/shift to resized tables.

One of my homies runs his NA CRVtec with a chipped P28 and a program he made up in Crome. With simple tuning, dropped almost a second in the 1/4, hopes to hit 12s on street tires when the track opens in the spring. Nick had never chipped an ECU or burned a chip for his hondata (that he got rid of) and several months later is runnin all round town making new chips for ppl.

Point being: if you're willing to learn a little more, you can tune a NA car beautifully with DIY tools, for a lot less money.

Uberdata does pretty much the same things as hondata. As of today, what it does NOT do as well:
-Datalogging
-3bar boost support
-Finer closed loop correction stuff (cold start enrichment, brake cut, ... ...) isn't as sharp as hondata
-Uses stock MAP/RPM scalars

Cool things about Uberdata:
-First DIY ROMeditor to support bosot
-TPS tip in correction = no more bogging when you floor it with big injectors
-Being actively developed

Crome does pretty much the same things as hondata too.
Things it does not do as well:
-3Bar boost support
-Finer closed loop fuel correction in general (TPS, Cold start ... ... ...)

Things it does ok:
-Datalogging support (through ECU Control)
-MAP/RPM Scalar manipulation
-Larger tables for higher resolution if needed

Things that are really neat about it:
-Lots of tweaks for odd things like IABs
-Extendable scripting language for user features
-Relatively sane user interface
-Full throttle launch AND shift support
-Being actively developed

BTW, you can continue to ask Pills about stuff he doesn't use or ask someone who uses it every day practically. I will continue to answer questions addressed to Pills if I can be of assistance. :)

Back