how can i fix these mounting points???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RIT Civic

Ahh I had such a crappy weekend...i put in a freakin stock clutch on my car and took it for a test spin...i power shift the damn car and broke a piece of the tranny and off the block where the mounts go. You know the tranny has two screws for the rear bracket right...well i broke off the hole for one of the screws and the damn linkage fell to the floor because the tranny's weight shifted down pulling the linkage out of place..then on the drivers side mount the holes on the block for the mount screws were stripped and one whole just ripped apart like pieces of rock...what I did was put some longer screws there and on the rear bracket to hold it for now just to get to work...i wanted to know if there is anything i can do to fix that?...like can i take it to a special welder or something so they can reinforce the engine on the drivers side and on the rear?....i really don't want to take that block apart after all the work i did to it...by the way i have a b16 fully built for turbo but no turbo yet on a 94 civic coupe...any ideas?

Best way to do it is...go to a professional...OR if you have a friend who owns a shop go to him or her...

hmm..could anyone recommend where i can go..i mean i don't think a regular mechanic is going to fix this...shit instead the'll push me to get a new block so i can spend the extra cash on them as little do they know i do my own stuff but this need professional assistance....lol..anyone else have anything in mind?

You could custom fabricate another shift linkage bracket to attach to another point on the block, or even come off of the passenger side frame rail.

Back