How did you mount your....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
How did you mount your IC. I can't weld for shit, that means I couldn't even tack the thing in place.

I want it to be removeable anyway, so I don't mind drilling a few holes.

I been trying to find a place for this bitch and it just doesn't want to make peace with the bumper.

I'm about to hack the shit out of the bumper and say bye to the grill thing and fog hole covers, if worse comes to worse I'll have to buy another bumper, mine was in shitty condition anyway, time to whip out the handy dandy dremel.

But I seriously want your opinions also and what you did.

i used some L-brackets.

2 on the bottom for support bars... not really attached...

DSC00516.JPG

and i screwed it in up top...

DSC00455.JPG

DSC00451.JPG

The L brackets looks like a good idea, now I need to find someone to weld it.

Did you cut the bumper cover too? I'm trying to avoid cutting the support but if I have to I will. Its a JRC 6" so I think I might be able to make it fit under it and cut up the cover instead.

Not having a bumper beam, I got some sheet metal and cut little L shaped brackets and used small nuts/screws with lock washers to bolt it to the radiator support, similar to B's setup.

I cut the cover a little and got it to fit pretty good, drilled a few holes in the mounting tabs and core support and used some nuts and bolts to hold it on.

If I had a digicam I'd take pics but it doesn't look too bad.

Back