Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Im on the fence

• im atheist (dont beleive)

• I worship the de

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Nov 29 2003, 04:35 AM
there are waayyyy to many things out there that jsut cant be explained by science

Like what? It's all about the laws of math and science... if you are thinking about "miracles", just remember how many people there have been and are now. The odds may be huge, but there are powerball winners eventually.

I don't need a god in order to function like a civilized human being. We all have a conscience, use it. Never underestimate the power of the human mind.

God is not the property of one religion. All organized religions are maintained and ran by men, and are therefore flawed. All the holy books of those religions have been translated and revised by man, making them flawed. What's paramount is that you do belive in god and live accordingly.

This is me. I don't have to question my faith to know its there and I leave it at that. I attend church when I'm not busy and tend to follow a somewhat christian life.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Nov 29 2003, 02:53 AM
I think there is something out there. TO believe that there is one "God" being is rediculous. I think there is a higher power, and I believe to the death of me that being a "good person" is looked upon favorably by Him, but organized church as a whole blows, it's becoming a social gathering of naysayers, and nothing I want to be involved with.

your what we call a diest. :) someone who believes in a higher power but that once he created earth and man stepped away and let them live their lives.

christianity is a load of shit though. why would god creat imperfect humans then creat a bunch of rules for us to follow that he KNOWS we can not follow. i mean, its a sin to jack off. how many men here jack off? cause your going to hell if you dont go repent to your church. go ahead, tell the father that you fapped it to hillary duff last night, he wont mind. he will just make you say 100 hail marys and you will be fine. oh yeah, about that. what kind of rule is it if you can break it constantly and then say some prayers and your good. and dont say "you really have to be sorry in your heart and accept jesus into your life" blah blah blah blah. ya know, i wasnt athiest until i read the bible. ever read JOB? what a bunch of shit. god just chills there and says "wow this guy is a very good person and he believes in me and lives a good life, so lets fuck him up!" screw that.

I asked the chaplin one day, "So, without using faith, prove there is a god" He said, "So, do you love your son with all your heart" I said "of course" he said "prove it", I said "no, prove there is a god, and don't use an abstract, to try proving and abstract" Well faith is the only answer he had for me. I have seen WAY too much shit in my life to blindly follow something as pointless as religion.

I dont believe in god... it's stupid to believe in something that isnt real, that you can't touch and look into his/her eyes. What kind of friend takes loved ones away and makes you have a bad day or make it so the car dies, or your girlfriend breaks up with you. Even though you have prayed and asked god to help you out. Praying is just like begging for hsi help then he kicks you in the face while you down. This is going to get UGLY!

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Nov 29 2003, 02:27 PM
I dont believe in god... it's stupid to believe in something that isnt real, that you can't touch and look into his eyes.

:squint: :poke: I can't touch you or look into your eyes, does that mean you're not real and I shouldn't believe you exist? :unsure:

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Nov 29 2003, 02:29 PM-->
199IntegraBuildUpH22A3
@Nov 29 2003, 02:27 PM
I dont believe in god... it's stupid to believe in something that isnt real, that you can't touch and look into his eyes.

:squint: :poke: I can't touch you or look into your eyes, does that mean you're not real and I shouldn't believe you exist? :unsure:

I dunno good point. But you also know you arent talking to a computer becuase a computer wouldnt have Typo's, like me. So go head and poke me in the eye or face, or cheek wuteva' if you like.

Computers can have errors. Just the other day I came home and mine had a bluescreen up. :)

that "how do you prove your love for your son" is a good comeback. but you can prove you love your son without saying it. by caring for him and his well being, by being there for him when he needs someone to talk to.

i'm on the fence... I believe that there is somebody out there thats always trying to fuck me over one way or another....

I dont believe in any particular god, but i do think there is something greater than us out there.

i dont go to church. hell what if i went to the wrong one (for example a catholic church) and the REAL god was say... islamic?

then i would be fucked and going to hell for sure... so i havent picked what i am. that way no matter who has the "right god" im gonna be on good terms with them :)

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 29 2003, 08:50 AM
Like what? It's all about the laws of math and science... if you are thinking about "miracles", just remember how many people there have been and are now. The odds may be huge, but there are powerball winners eventually.

I don't need a god in order to function like a civilized human being. We all have a conscience, use it. Never underestimate the power of the human mind.

My last accident i got in was admittedly my fault, but i went around a corner at about 50 and slid off the road. If my car would have slid 6 more inches off the road i would have been 10ft further down and flipped at least once. I dont believe that that was just luck, somebody else was watching out for me.

My first accident totaled both cars. it was a T-Bone at about 30mph. No serious injuries, everyone was wearing their seatbelt, everyone was ok. Once again i dont believe that to be luck.

if you want to go back to the beginning, i pretty much believe in evolution but i also believe in Creationism. i have a hard time fathoming that we all came from nothing. that first spec of energy trillions of years ago couldnt have just existed there. SOMETHING had to but it there.

i'd label myself as a pretty aggressive driver. one night i was driving my 92 hatch (bone stock) and i was behind an integra that wasn't going the speed limit, and that pissed me off. so i got to his side (this was when i was a less than average driver) and the fucker floored it, and there was a blind spot going uphill and all of a sudden i was in the other lane doing 60 and a car popped up in front of me out of nowhere. i remember slamming my brakes and i turned a little, and i just dunno how it happened but i had squeezed myself inbetween the two cars and i dunno how it happened. the roads were slippery and i recall losing the rear end a little when i turned. that night i should've been toast, but i walked away alive. when i got to the door to my apartment it felt weird to see my father, like i wasn't meant to make it there. I know i know it sounds weird but when u escape death like that it makes u feel someone out there is watching out for u. i'm somewhat a believer.more of a nice guy, just not religious.

But where does the conscience come from?

Originally posted by 94accordex@Dec 1 2003, 07:25 PM

But where does the conscience come from?

Your mind and your abiity to think and use judgement. Hence why some have no conscience, and others do. If it was a "gift from god" then everyones would be the same. Since people have different morals based on the society they were raised in, there isn't a true standard for judement.

I'm not a believer and I always hated going to church and sitting there doing nothing but pretending to read and listen. Religion is the biggest bunch of crap. Yes its good for society and it keeps things in order for the most part but believing in a higher power ?? NO WAY.

But............if the preacher or the bible was more interesting like this then I might go for the entertainment:

Oh yeah, and personally, i go to church because i learn from someone who knows more about gods word than i do, i cant teach myself, thats why god has appointed sheppards to guide his flock yo. God has no hands on this earth but us, and we can lay idle ( and we all know what happens to idle hands) or we can seek our purpose in his will....yo.

That and whats with there being like 200 different religions. Now people expect me to believe in god, but with all these different religions, I'm supposed to believe in 5 different gods, come on, give me a break. I'd rather spend my sunday mornings sleeping.....

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Nov 29 2003, 02:27 PM
I dont believe in god... it's stupid to believe in something that isnt real, that you can't touch and look into his/her eyes. What kind of friend takes loved ones away and makes you have a bad day or make it so the car dies, or your girlfriend breaks up with you. Even though you have prayed and asked god to help you out. Praying is just like begging for hsi help then he kicks you in the face while you down. This is going to get UGLY!

the air you breathe is not tangible nor can it be seen but its there.

late response but I believe.

As for the girlfriend thing, just get another one.

Back