how much boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

I'm sure no one can give me and exact figure but i'm considering going with a t3/t4 turbo on my prelude....i know ideally you would wanna change out the pistons and go low compression but i already have JE 10.0 compression pistons in there and crower rods....this is the h23 motor with some head work......just looking for some experienced opinions of how much boost i should run? Thanks for your help.
Just wanted to add i have an apexi s-afc II, the new one thats more adjustable.

t3/t4 is like saying how long can an airplane fly?

there's single engine planes
there's huge ass 747s

in the same respects, there are t3/t04b .43 turbos in which i'd say run as much boost as you have fuel for.
on the other hand, there are t3/t04s 1.05 turbos which have a 67mm or larger size to them, and that, i'd tell you to run 5-7 pounds on, and then to get a smaller turbo because that one isn't in its effieicncy range at that low psi level.

so, all that said- you need to be more specific on what t3/t4 you have,
how large are your injectors you plan to use, (looks like you are planning the vafc hack) and with that, you max out at about 10 psi anyway.

i understand. i don't have the turbo yet....so maybe i should've asked was with my 10.1 compression on steel rods and forged pistons what suggestions for a turbo setup might you have and at about how much boost? what injectors and resistor box etc? maybe you can give me idea to get me going...i'm doing some research and appearently putting together your own setup is the way to go....but i'm starting from ground up on my research....thanks for your incite

fuck Turboheadaches. you'll probably get some n00b sales guy.

Here's the deal man:

What is your goal? horsepower level, 1/4 ET
Street car? weekend car? daily driver? track only bitch? trailer queen? autoXer?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ BUDGET $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
how much do you have to spend. because frankly, no matter what you say above, THIS is whats going to tell you want you can and can't get.

honestly i have about 6k to play with i would rather keep it in the 3500-4000 range i'd be happy to see the car in the mid 13s i ran a 15 flat all motor with what is in there.......the cars all dressed up...kit and all on 18's i don't drive it often but i really want to back up the aggressive looks.....maybe i would drive it more if it were encouraged by a turbo...he he ...thanks

how about an sc61 with the fuel system to make it work..... also front mount, etc, etc... and some hondata or aem

sc61? i did a search but i'm still not familiar with it...what exactly does it do? i also forgot to mention i have an msd sci...i know thats not what you mean but you reminded me of it.....

sc61 is a turbo made by http://www.precisionte.com it's a rather large t3/t04e with a 61mm wheel diameter, hence the "61".

it's a great turbo, but in the 3500 range that you want to spend, i think it's going to be overkill for what you will be able to do.

I'm not a good example- but this is what my turbo setup cost me:

my turbo is much bigger, it's a 67mm.
i also got the bling bling equal length manifold...

plus, h-series shit is generally more $$ than b-series shit, so take that into consideration too...

turbo kit- 4000
hondata- 550
rc 860cc's - 250
intank 255 pump - 90
egt, boost, oil pressure gauges - 650
3" exhaust/cat - 650
boost controller, vafc - 650
misc shit at the hardware store- 100

things i've yet to buy-
dyno time/tuner costs: $500-1000

it adds up quick bro.

Back