How much do you value a warranty?

To pay or not to pay?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just remember, warranties exist because they are profitable to the parts mfg'ers.

EXACTLY!

And they have one on Amazon for 203.95, but I don't see any warranty information.

Almost every manufacturer offers some kind of warranty, whether it is explicitly stated or not.

The warranty thing goes like this, spend the money on high quality items. Treat them well. If it is an item that WILL wear out sooner or later, and its offered with a lifetime warranty, go for it. Its free parts for life. Or until the company eats shit, either way.. But $30 now could save you $400-$600 later... That is unless you keep cars for 2 or 3 years and dump them, then grab the cheap one and toss it in.. No sense in forking over extra cash for a lifetime warranty that you are going to use for a year and a half..

Ya. The LLT is good for things like brake pads, struts, etc.

Also, get the LLT and if you ditch the car, pull the O2 out and return it for your money. IT can be like your own little savings account :wacko:

Yeah I was curious about that, I usually go through cars pretty quick... I'm not sure about pulling it out and returning it though.

Ted Nelson: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I've got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Exactly how i feel about warranties

Ted Nelson: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I've got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Exactly how i feel about warranties

My only problem is, it's like buying Calahan brake pads, or guaranteed Calahan Brake pads.

i would pay the extra 30 bucks between amazon and advance to be able to walk right into the store and get a new o2 sensor that day or the next day if something happens, with no shipping costs.
i would also pay the extra money for the LLT because i tend to hang on to cars these days

if it were 10 years ago, the car would be gone by the time the sensor was installed

what was it again? the car, I would base that on the car itself. If it really isn't something worth keeping then sell.
On the warranty thing, if you have no intetion in keeping it for years to come then screw the warranty n dont spend the extra buxs, if you plan on holding it for years to come and maybe hand the keys to your son/dughter years from now.... well then thats sometig else to look at and consider in your waaranty issue.
Me personally if I buy crap from the street such as a eg anything, (whether coupe sedan r hatch) and is salvage with $0 value when I buy it, just throw in a few visual accessories and meybe a couple cheap bolt-ons and flip it to the next guy and make a nice profit in a couple weeks (I gotta have my fun with it before I sell it too lmao) even if its attempt drifting in a FWD LOL, its not gonna be my car..... my point is value tho, just like everyones said in the post before me! Sentimental, retail or any type then go Limited Lifetime

Back