How much income tax did you get back?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Katie got back $34 federal, then owed $33 for state. Sucks.

Haven't started mine.

Fed: $-1943
State: $-453

:(

buy a house y0! lol if you were buying instead of renting, you easily would have had 15k in interest to write off

Katie got back $34 federal, then owed $33 for state. Sucks.

Haven't started mine.

why didn't you faile jointly? you are married now and all...

ouch. well I assume that your rebate would go to offset that.

what rebate? b16 and I don't get them. :(

well, I'm using mine to pay off the rest of my debt (except student loans). so no fun stuff with mine.

why didn't you faile jointly? you are married now and all...

Other reasons... we can't merge our finances yet. If anyone comes after her, I don't want them to have any link to my accounts.

Supposedly they did. I don't watch the news, but I heard through the grapevine that they held the guy in custody for a while and then released the information to the public.

ut oh, what did she do? lol

My credit and debt = :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Her credit and debt = :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I'd rather lose a few thousand on the tax return than tens of thousands to creditors.

buy a house y0! lol if you were buying instead of renting, you easily would have had 15k in interest to write off
Well, I have either a $3,000 mortgage or $2,000 in rent. Also, I didn't have enough for a down payment last year. This year however, I can put 20% down cash, so I'm set. We have been house hunting like crazy every weekend. :) Prices are still dropping around here. Most homes have dropped 100k, woot!

what rebate? b16 and I don't get them. :(
:werd:

:(

My credit and debt = :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Her credit and debt = :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I'd rather lose a few thousand on the tax return than tens of thousands to creditors.
Ouch, that sucks... Hopefully she made you aware of that situation before getting married?

Ouch, that sucks... Hopefully she made you aware of that situation before getting married?

Yes, but it only got worse... we were together for 5.5 years before getting married, so I knew it was an issue. We'll fix it- but debt wasn't a reason not to marry her. ;)

About 5500. Course I can't get it yet as i am waiting for my wifes ITIN. I had a kid and spent a month is a tax free zone on the ship last year, it adds up...

Yes, but it only got worse... we were together for 5.5 years before getting married, so I knew it was an issue. We'll fix it- but debt wasn't a reason not to marry her. ;)
Just checkin. When I got married I didn't disclose my debt and it was a real problem. :( I fixed all that within 6 months, now i'm 100% debt free! Well, until we buy a house. :(

Just checkin. When I got married I didn't disclose my debt and it was a real problem. :( I fixed all that within 6 months, now i'm 100% debt free! Well, until we buy a house. :(

Already bought a house. Bought the S2000 4 months later. Oops. At least my credit score should look pretty good!

Back