1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how much oil should the tranny have

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by koni_civic_hatch, Apr 17, 2006.

1. koni_civic_hatch

koni_civic_hatch Junior Member

how much oil should there be in my tranny?.. and what is the best way to fill it? cause my car jump like crazy when i release the clutch..would this be cause by low oil in the tranny? and i put in a new clutch yesterday..

2. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

Try bleeding the clutch, before the tranny fluid, and i believe its a little over 2 qrts, best way to fill is to take out the vehicle speed sensor.

3. koni_civic_hatch

i tried taking the vss off but it wouldn't come off... and i didn't take my clutch line apart.. should i still blead it?

4. koni_civic_hatch

i was told that you can fill the tranny with oil through the vss.. and i can't fo it any help?

5. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

I'm not sure if the Civic is the same as my Accord, but I fill mine at a bolt just above the pass. axle. If you look at the tranny from the side with the pass wheel off, you can see where the axle goes into the tranny. Just left and slightly up is the fill bolt.

Hope this applies to you :)

6. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

thats the way to do it :) . My friend fills his through the vss. Just because it easier. I bought a funnel with a hose connected from autozone. Its a slow process but effective. hope this helps also. [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted