how much oil should the tranny have

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

koni_civic_hatch

how much oil should there be in my tranny?.. and what is the best way to fill it? cause my car jump like crazy when i release the clutch..would this be cause by low oil in the tranny? and i put in a new clutch yesterday..

Try bleeding the clutch, before the tranny fluid, and i believe its a little over 2 qrts, best way to fill is to take out the vehicle speed sensor.

i was told that you can fill the tranny with oil through the vss.. and i can't fo it any help?

I'm not sure if the Civic is the same as my Accord, but I fill mine at a bolt just above the pass. axle. If you look at the tranny from the side with the pass wheel off, you can see where the axle goes into the tranny. Just left and slightly up is the fill bolt.

Hope this applies to you :)

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm not sure if the Civic is the same as my Accord, but I fill mine at a bolt just above the pass. axle. If you look at the tranny from the side with the pass wheel off, you can see where the axle goes into the tranny. Just left and slightly up is the fill bolt.

Hope this applies to you :)
thats the way to do it :) . My friend fills his through the vss. Just because it easier. I bought a funnel with a hose connected from autozone. Its a slow process but effective. hope this helps also. :cool:

Back