How Much?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18Chris

Hey guys quick question. So I just removed my SOHC VTEC D16 out of my 93 Del Sol SI and Im not sure how much I should ask for it when I sell it. I have checked online for selling prices but they have a lot less miles on them. Mine had about 160,000 when pulled but ran perfectly. Other than the miles it needs a bit of cleaning. What do you guys recommend on a selling price? :hmm:thanks

For engine and transmission?

I'd say $250-$350 is reasonable. This is based on what I've seen; ~$150-$200 for a longblock and ~$100 for a Z6 transmission.

Cool, yeah its the engine and transmission. Runs strong still. I also have the radiator, axles, shift linkage that I want to sell wit it. Probably should have put that in the initial question. Thanks

So, it'd be a full-swap. Anywhere from 250-400 is reasonable, if the transmission is in good shape and the leakdown/compression test is good.

160k is kinda high, but yeah, I'd ask 500 and go from there. You could part it out, sell the head for 200ish, trans for 150ish, block if 100ish..

But, instead of doing all of that, since you have a complete setup, why don't you build a monster go kart?? WOOO!

You could ask $200 for the head, but you'll have a hard time selling it; as the average is $100-$150 for some with less miles.

I would definitely keep it under $400 for everything; main reason is people could pick up lower mileage swaps for around the same including JDM motors with like 40,000 miles.

Sweet, Sounds good. Hopefully I can get somewhere in that range but if not, I am really liking that go kart idea haha, Thanks again :driver:

Last edited:
Back