how safe is it to spray a gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

how safe is it to spray a gsr motor.....i have a daily driver and dont want to mess nothing up...whats a safe shot? my friend has a NX kit for sale is that a good kit?

The Zex kit is really nice if you don't want to blow anything up. It comes with a little "idiot proof" box that makes it so you can only spray at WOT and cuts the nitrous after a certain RPM. Pretty sweet, although I'm really not a fan of nitrous.

As long as you know what your doing and know what you motor can handle nitrous is usually always safe. AGAIN that is if you KNOW what your doing. and if you dont use it exessively it really doesnt put any abnormal wear on the engine. Also is it a wet, dry, or direct port kit?

gsr's can handle a lot of nitrous(or at least my friends did). I would say Zex or Venom are really the most safe kits made. I like the venom cause it watches your air fuel ratio and wont let you spray unless its running good. I had a zex kit in my integra with a b16 swap, and the kit is a good over all kit. I would say NX and NOS are really the least safe/advanced kits made. They are really basic and will spray any time you floor it. Zex also uses a system to maximize the bottle usage .

dry is the unsafest. direct port is the safest followed by wet fogger. wets probably the most pratical

engines need a good balance of air and fuel. spraying nitrous creates a lean mixture, which is why wet and direct port kits spray fuel also.

oh yea now that I think of it NOS makes a pretty neat plate system for the gsr. fits between the two pieces of the intake manifold.(is wet)

the dry kit relys on the cars injectors and sensors to add the extra fuel that is neede where as the wet kit adds the fuel with the n02. A single fogger will just dump into the intake and not evenly hit each cylinder and a direct port pumps bopth fuel and n02 evenly into each cylinder

on hondas you spray up to a 75 shot or 50% of factory hp, whichever comes first, on a stock engine and be perfectly safe. granted you run a rich gas to nitrous mixture 9.7:1 or richer and safer yet 8.5:1. ;)

Originally posted by HellBentHONDA@Mar 6 2004, 10:14 AM
on hondas you spray up to a 75 shot or 50% of factory hp, whichever comes first, on a stock engine and be perfectly safe. granted you run a rich gas to nitrous mixture 9.7:1 or richer and safer yet 8.5:1. ;)

It's not perfectly safe. More power = more stress on internals, plain and simple.

on a stock honda running 92 octane you can run 50% of the motors rated hp or 75 hp. do some research chewwy. :lol:

as long as you run a rich mixture of gas, like i listed above, you wont damage anything that isnt already headed in a downward spiral, if you kno what i mean.

First of all, it's Chewie.

Second, it doesn't matter how great your A/F ratio is, 75 more horsepower with torque to match is going to put more stress on the engine's internals than they were designed for. The downward spiral you mentioned will be accelerated to a certain degree. It will compromise a bit of longevity. That's what I'm saying. So, do some research, cunt hair.

sometimes i think this site should be called 'honda snot' <_<

ask anybody who HAS real experience with nitrous, hell call ZEX or NOS or NX express and ask them. you can run nitrous on any stock honda motor.

heres an example.. 93 civic cx hatch, stock trim about 70hp. take 50% of that (35hp). now add it to your stock hp and you get 105hp. you really think pushin an extra 35hp is gonna hurt that motor?

ok another example. an ITR with 195hp plus 75hp because the formula is 50% or 75hp whatever comes first. so you end up with 270hp. perfectly safe as long as youre runnin rich and det. is controlled yadayadayada... and you dont spray longer than 15 seconds.

(...cunt hair huh? :roll: ..)

Originally posted by 92Gsrhatch@Mar 6 2004, 09:42 PM
so what set up should i run...what kinda of plugs...give me the best kit and the best plugs

venom vcn-2000

$$$$$ though

plugs...run what brand u like...get em 1 or 2 heat degrees colder,1 for moderate apps and 2 for big guns

Back