how to build your own slip and slide.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just replaced my trailing arm bushings with M3 bushings today and added turner motorsports bushing reinforcers (for less side to side movement) and i slapped the 225/50r16 contisport contact stck tires back on.

last weekend was tyhe H&R sport spring and bilstien shock installation . . . i'm ready for the drift competition y0!

maybe an alignment next saturday . . . but the car is ready and i have been practicing . . . tossed a few drifts on the way home from the shop, the conti's are a little different than the sloppy side wall snow tires lol.

:p i hear ya... my ride is like night and day now with the silkroads on... insane.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Mar 12 2004, 09:07 PM

Then bring it to the Drift Riot.....and slide with the rest of us.... ;)

slap some crappy tires on the back, and some grippy ones up front...and spend only a $100 for a full day of sliding around on a cool track.....

No for a few reasons...

1) It already has crappy tires and still has way too much traction.

2) Stock exhaust limits my power to below 4500 RPM.

3) UNLIMITED SLIP rear end = not enough rotation in an AWD car for dry pavement drifting.

3b) Now, if they were to throw some mud or gravel on the track, I'd seriously consider it, but otherwise...

4) Don't really feel like it anymore. If it were a fly- in, yeah, I'd come.

5) Already have plans with my Peruvian Princess.

Silver- Yes, a center viscous diff with a permanent 50/50 split. Let me explain... picture a differential in a FWD car. Now, where one axle would be coming out is a bevel gear that drives the driveshaft, turning the rear wheels. On the other side, where the other axle would come out, is another differential with two axles coming off of it, going to the front wheels. That's what I got. There's no viscous coupling on the drive shaft like Honda, Mitsu, or Subaru have, and is one of the reasons why the driveline is capable of handling 900+ HP with just a clutch swap. It's also why the tranny takes six quarts of 80-90 oil and has an oil cooler from the factory. :) It's hard to describe without showing you a cutaway power flow diagram. Maybe if I'm feeling really bored, I'll take a picture of the page in my manual that shows this.

Back